Connecting Door

keyarra

We are sailing on FOS balcony cabin 9396 with the connecting interior 9401. RCCL is allowing us to put our 3 kids in the interior since one is in a pack-n-play. I know we have to have the cabin steward unlock the connecting doors. my question is in the evening when we are back in the cabin can we close the doors and reopen them ourselves without them locking? Or are we going to have to call the steward back to unlock them? This way the baby can sleep and we can have the girls in our room hanging out until bedtime.

Thanks a lot!

Dee

We are sailing on FOS balcony cabin 9396 with the connecting interior 9401. RCCL is allowing us to put our 3 kids in the interior since one is in a pack-n-play. I know we have to have the cabin steward unlock the connecting doors. my question is in the evening when we are back in the cabin can we close the doors and reopen them ourselves without them locking? Or are we going to have to call the steward back to unlock them? This way the baby can sleep and we can have the girls in our room hanging out until bedtime.

Thanks a lot!

Dee

No, once both doors are unlocked you can open/close them at will..It's just like a connecting door in a hotel room..

Once the room steward uses their key to unlock the connecting doors, they will close but there is no way to lock them. I believe it was a deadbolt type lock and so once that's unlocked, it's just two doors that shut facing one another. We've had connecting rooms twice when our boys were younger.

:)

Archived