Carnival Cruiser

htkodiak

We are Carnival cruisers that would like to go on a South American cruise.HAL seems to have some of the best prices and itenerarys(sp).We are looking at 2013 cruises and would like to cruise from Chile to Argentina.I'm looking for some tips about booking.Cruise line direct booking has always worked best for me with CCL,is it the same with HAL.Thanks in advance for any info.

Many people here book directly with HAL, just call their 800 number. Others seem to find lower prices with either their own favorite brick and mortar travel agent or with an online agency.

We use a very large online agency based in Houston, but we always do the booking by phone with a particular agent.

If you're more comfortable dealing with the cruise line directly, that's the way to go.

Keep an eye on your cruise after you book and be watchful for price drops and if your cruise price drops more than $100 before final payment date, you may be able to get your booking price lowered.

Welcome to HAL. You may never go back to Carnival....although we cruise both.

........Cruise line direct booking has always worked best for me with CCL,is it the same with HAL.Thanks in advance for any info.

With Carnival booking with the cruise line is the best because the advertized price is the same everywhere online and with agents. You don't see different pricing in advertising, flyers, mailings and agent's windows etc. And if you book "early saver" you always get the drop up to 2 business days before the trip if there is a big sell off to fill up the ship. Carnival website always shows the pack and go specials after the final payment day and you would get those drops too.

Booking with other cruise lines you have to watch for drops before final payment and call your agent or the cruise line. No more discounts after final payment though I hear you may get an upgrade.

Agree with lettienets that HAL price shopping is different that Carnival price shopping.

The advertised price is the same everywhere, but the discount is in the perks+OBC.

We can't give the names of discount travel agencies here, or even give the name of other cruise forums where names CAN be named. Googling "cruise forum" may be helpful.

I use a large agency in Boca Raton who offers some discounts so secret you have to call to find out - can't even be mentioned online. Like DFD1, I have a particular agent I book with, based on a recommendation of a friend. I wouldn't book with any of the online discount agencies without a recommend like that.

If you book with HAL directly, then find an on board credit/perk deal you want to take advantage of, HAL will release your booking to the travel agency, and you'll get the deal. You don't have to cancel and rebook.

OP, you are going to love cruising with HAL. I have only cruised with Carnival once on Victory. For the wrap around promenade decks alone the switch is worth it. Also, HAL has great cruise deals as well Carnival. Sometimes the same itinerary is cheaper on a HAL ship.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived