Murder Mystery Dinner- Mariner OTS

Darkwolfe

GF noticed this was available on our upcoming cruise and we were wondering if anyone has experienced it in the last year. I've seen some mixed reviews about it so I thought I'd ask for some current opinions, good, bad, or indifferent!

Thanks for feedback ahead of time!

They have a menu with choices but not as many as the regular Portofino menu. I recall steak, shrimp and ? Steak was fabulous.

Ah good, I'm a fan of both and my GF would have to skip the shrimp but loves a good steak. Sounding good so far.

A group of us did the mystery dinner theater on the TA. Good food, fun, a little corney, lots of wine and would do it again.

I agree. But we wouldn't do it again. Unlimited wine and champagne. But like most murder mystery dinners, there's never quite enough information to solve the mystery. It was fun to do once. :D:):D

• 1 month later...
I agree. But we wouldn't do it again. Unlimited wine and champagne. But like most murder mystery dinners, there's never quite enough information to solve the mystery. It was fun to do once. :D:):D

We did it on our TA on Independence. Agree the "information" was not really sufficient to actually solve the mystery, but hey it was a show. The characters in the show were singers and dancers from the ship's regular show company. They were intentionally campy and melodramatic but we had a good time. They do a few scenes and then the characters come by each table and answer questions for the guests so you have a chance to practice your interogation skills. We had a great meal [i thought we had three options -- could be wrong, anyway, my steak was great -- better than Chops IMO] with great friends and a little entertainment -- what's not to like? I wouldn't make it a "must do" on every cruise, but it was fun for a once in a while type of thing.

Archived