Esther Passage - 26 Glacier or Major Marine?

LEtue

After reading about the Prince William Sound tours we've decided on the Esther Passage route. Do either of these companies offer a better cruise? Any advise or feedback is appreciated!

Major Marine offers an optional prime rib and salmon buffet for about $20.00 while 26 Glaciers serves a smaller free meal. Both run catamarans on the route although 26 Glacier's Klondike Express is much larger (hold over 300 passengers vs. the 150 for Major). Other than that, same trip for both.

• 2 years later...

Hi Budget Queen, I was was planning on pre-booking all of our excursions for Alaska to be sure we have a space for the tours we really want to do. Where do you get your coupons for these tours? Thanks for your help.

LaDonna

I have gone with both companies, and both certainly well run. I booked based on price and coupon usage.

The coupon books are Alaska Toursaver and Northern Lights. Both come out around mid to late November. You can view the available discounts on their web sites to see if you can utilize enough coupons to make the purchase worthwhile.

The Alaska Toursaver is around $100 and NL is around $55

Last year, Anchorage radio/orTV station also had a groupon type discount offer for buy one get one and the only offer that was out for that in Kenai Fjords this past season. KK something???? I'll have to look further as I have forgotten.