Tour Facilitators Unlimited

Louise34

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone used this tour Co. From what I read on their web site it has been around a long time, and they offer a variety of tours. Any personal info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We booked with them in February. First time. Good communication. They were referred to us by another Barbados tour operator.

• 4 months later...

Looking at doing a private tour that goes to these 2 places. I have read that it can be wavy at Accra and wondering if we should try and find a calmer beach area so we can just hang out in the water and not have to do much.:rolleyes: Also wondering about the bar/rest. Thanks for any help.

Unless it's really windy, we found the waves to only be a foot or so high. Generally, there are some waves, but nothing too rough - nothing like Crane or the east coast.

The Side Shore Beach Bar & Bistro (formerly Bar Kanei) is at the east end of Rockley, which is right next to Accra. It's basically the same beach - Accra at the west end and Rockley at the east end. The food there is pretty good...

If you have small kids, there's a protected area in front of The Side Shore - like a tiny bay with a breakwater. The water is quite shallow in there - perfect for small kids.

You can always check out Accra, and if it's too rough that day, head up to Carlisle Bay - only about 10 mins. by bus.

Here are some of our Barbados pics:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.472934985680.246435.567405680&type=3&l=7a121683da

Most of the snorkeling/turtle photos were taken at Rockley. You'll see that the waves aren't too bad...

Cheers, P:)

Unless it's really windy, we found the waves to only be a foot or so high. Generally, there are some waves, but nothing too rough - nothing like Crane or the east coast.

The Side Shore Beach Bar & Bistro (formerly Bar Kanei) is at the east end of Rockley, which is right next to Accra. It's basically the same beach - Accra at the west end and Rockley at the east end. The food there is pretty good...

If you have small kids, there's a protected area in front of The Side Shore - like a tiny bay with a breakwater. The water is quite shallow in there - perfect for small kids.

You can always check out Accra, and if it's too rough that day, head up to Carlisle Bay - only about 10 mins. by bus.

Here are some of our Barbados pics:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.472934985680.246435.567405680&type=3&l=7a121683da

Most of the snorkeling/turtle photos were taken at Rockley. You'll see that the waves aren't too bad...

Thank you so much for posting this. I accidently posted this in the wrong place so I am glad you found it!!! Your pictures are awesome. No small children, just a bunch of adults that would prefer not to exert much energy, standing in the water, with a brew or 2.:rolleyes:;)

Where did you snorkel on that beach? That is an added bonus if the seas aren't to rough. Where did you stay? It looked heavenly.

The waves can be somewhat hit-or-miss at Accra/Rockley. If you want to be guaranteed dead calm water, you're likely better off to look at Carlisle Bay or some of the other beaches north of Bridgetown.

But I'd still check out Accra/Rockley. Some days, the waves are barely a foot high. The slope is gentle, so the water is still only chest high 50 yards out. It's something you'll have to decide on when you get there. If you don't like it - hop a cab or bus farther north - to Hastings or Carlisle. The beaches are close enough together that you could easily hit 3 or 4, no problem.

Also, there's a boardwalk that runs from the west end of Accra all the way up to Needham's Point, where the Hilton is. This is also the south end of Carlisle Bay.

Bar Kanei (Side Shore) was one of our favourite beach bars to hang out at. It was seldom very busy.

There is a reef straight out from the Side Shore about 150 yards. It's about 150 yards long and marked at either end with a marker sticking out of the water. This is where we did most of our snorkeling, and where I took most of my (hawksbill) turtle photos (the green turtles were at Paynes). Most mornings it was just us out there - no one else.

On that trip, we stayed in an awesome 3-bdrm condo in St. Lawrence Gap, which we booked through http://planetbarbadosblog.com/ via Homeaway.

The waves can be somewhat hit-or-miss at Accra/Rockley. If you want to be guaranteed dead calm water, you're likely better off to look at Carlisle Bay or some of the other beaches north of Bridgetown.

But I'd still check out Accra/Rockley. Some days, the waves are barely a foot high. The slope is gentle, so the water is still only chest high 50 yards out. It's something you'll have to decide on when you get there. If you don't like it - hop a cab or bus farther north - to Hastings or Carlisle. The beaches are close enough together that you could easily hit 3 or 4, no problem.

Also, there's a boardwalk that runs from the west end of Accra all the way up to Needham's Point, where the Hilton is. This is also the south end of Carlisle Bay.

Bar Kanei (Side Shore) was one of our favourite beach bars to hang out at. It was seldom very busy.

There is a reef straight out from the Side Shore about 150 yards. It's about 150 yards long and marked at either end with a marker sticking out of the water. This is where we did most of our snorkeling, and where I took most of my (hawksbill) turtle photos (the green turtles were at Paynes). Most mornings it was just us out there - no one else.

On that trip, we stayed in an awesome 3-bdrm condo in St. Lawrence Gap, which we booked through http://planetbarbadosblog.com/ via Homeaway.

Thanks again for your replies. You've been very helpful!!!

Happy Travels

• 5 months later...
We will be in Barbados on Feb. 12 on the Maasdam and are trying to book with them. We haven't gotten a response yet. Will you be there on the same day?

Just wondering if you ever got a reply from them?

Did you do a tour with them?

Anyone use this company

They do not seem to answer emails

Archived