Just some last minute jitters about embarkation

SmokinActuary

Hi everyone!

As you can see we are leaving on the Nieuw Amsterdam tomorrow. Our ride to the port is scheduled for 11:30AM.

My 77 year old Mother-in-law is with us and she can not stand for extended periods.

Is 11:30AM too early to go to the ship? Are there areas where my MIL can sit down at the terminal.

Thanks for the late advice!

Yes, there are. And you could probably get a wheelchair from the ladies who are standing by the entrance...I'm not sure if they're reserved in advance or available to anyone who asks. But, in answer to your questions, there are lots of chairs in the terminal.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks. My MIL can walk and she is very prideful and would refuse a wheel chair.

I have been reading that HAL has been getting people to their cabins by 11:30AM. I was hoping that is the case.

We rented a family cabana for the week and we would like to get up there in the afternoon.

John, we are also boarding tomorrow and thinking about leaving for the port around 11:00. Embarkation day is always stressful for me, but I tend to do it to myself! Just find your MIL a seat and I'm sure she will be fine. See you on board:):)

Archived