Have you used a drypak underwater?

sunsetme

I am trying to waterproof my camera so I can use it while snorkeling. Has anyone tried using the drypak camera bag with any success?

I wouldn't trust it, personally. They make some very inexpensive cameras that are rated to a depth appropriate for snorkeling, or go with a disposable film camera for about $15 and then you can develop the photos to CD.

I am trying to waterproof my camera so I can use it while snorkeling. Has anyone tried using the drypak camera bag with any success?

If you mean Dicipac, I have used it very successfully. Camera stayed bone dry and I got great underwater photos.

Call me over overcautious but I would not use one of those flexible plastic cases. I might not even use one of those inexpensive underwater cameras but they do appear to work. My choice would be a true dive case, even though they are expensive.

DON

• 2 weeks later...

I have a dicapac for my kodak, but I don't like it. Kept it dry, but I could not see the screen with the glare and had to take my best guess I was aiming at what I thought.

There are lots of waterproof cameras that take great photos on land as well. 10ft is enough for snorkeling, I went a bought a canon d10 which is rated to 33 ft and love it.

Call me over overcautious but I would not use one of those flexible plastic cases. I might not even use one of those inexpensive underwater cameras but they do appear to work. My choice would be a true dive case, even though they are expensive.

DON

Probably overkill for snorkeling. Worth it for diving though.

Archived