Early flight from Fort Lauderdale successful !

Orangefan

I just returned from Emerald Princess 11/8/11 trip. I had a 10:14am flight on Jet Blue. I knew it was taking a chance but the next flight wasn't until 6:00 pm and I didn't want to wait all day for the flight. Michelangelo Dining room was the gathering spot for walk offs at 7 am. Horizon Court was to open at 6am for the buffet but Caribe was open at 4am for continental breakfasts. I went to Horizon Court at 5:50am and it was open. I went back to my room to pick up my luggage and went down to the gathering place at 6:40am. At 7 they started to let us leave the ship. I sailed through customs, got a taxi , and was in the Jet Blue terminal at 7:45 am. No wait in security at that early hour ( plus I returned on a Friday and only 2 ships were coming in that day.) So I really lucked out for that early flight. I am not suggesting you go for the early flight as the ship could have been held up by weather, customs or something else. I am just letting you know that this time I was successful.

Sali

I just returned from Emerald Princess 11/8/11 trip. I had a 10:14am flight on Jet Blue. I knew it was taking a chance but the next flight wasn't until 6:00 pm and I didn't want to wait all day for the flight. Michelangelo Dining room was the gathering spot for walk offs at 7 am. Horizon Court was to open at 6am for the buffet but Caribe was open at 4am for continental breakfasts. I went to Horizon Court at 5:50am and it was open. I went back to my room to pick up my luggage and went down to the gathering place at 6:40am. At 7 they started to let us leave the ship. I sailed through customs, got a taxi , and was in the Jet Blue terminal at 7:45 am. No wait in security at that early hour ( plus I returned on a Friday and only 2 ships were coming in that day.) So I really lucked out for that early flight. I am not suggesting you go for the early flight as the ship could have been held up by weather, customs or something else. I am just letting you know that this time I was successful.

Sali

Thanks for your post and information about meeting places, etc. on Emerald Princess for disembarkation. We have an even earlier flight at 9:35 AM on 12/18 returning from the same cruise on Emerald and I have some concern about making the flight. This is encouraging that it is possible. We booked this cruise sort of last minute and we are using frequent flyer miles on AA and the 9:35 AM flight was all that I could find available without having to take a flight from Miami.

Thanks again for your advice!

Congratulations on making your flight, but if there had been any problems with customs or if the ship had been late or if there had been a bunch of ships in port, you might have missed your flight... personally, I wouldn't have booked a flight that early... just in case.

Archived