Noticed today Tipping prices went up for Carnival

Angiet75

I have a big problem with the wait staff and stewards only getting a very small amount of the raise. I think I'll keep my tips in the future at $10.00.

If you do keep it at $10.00, then the wait staff and steward will get even less. I'm pretty sure that Carnival will still divy up the amount, whatever it is, among all that they have determined should now get it.

I spoke to carnival and told them I had already booked (but did not pre pay tips) before the increase. I was told to pay the 10.00 rate when checking in.

You can pay whatever you want for gratuities. Carnival only deducts a "suggested" amount. You will however have to go to the Guest Services Desk, you will not be able to adjust it on "check in".

yes, there is an increase.

unfortunately, of that $1.50, only 30¢ goes to your waiter and asst. (15¢ each), and 20¢ goes to your steward.

carnival is taking the rest to cover raises for their salaried personel.

So let me get this straight;

.15 goes to each the waiter and assistant waiter, Who take care of you 3 times each day

and .20 goes to the steward that cleans your room one time and turns down the covers one time each day.

Seams strange that the guy that helps you 2 times per day gets more than the guys that help you 3 times each day.

So who gets the rest of the money? (yea, I had to ask, just to bring everyone up to speed)

You mean you don't get together with him in the VIP lounge and gossip about others?

Seems to upset you that I overheard people talking about you regarding tipping, wasn't me lol?

I bet I come back and the three of you are still taking turns keeping this subject on page 1.

Seems to upset you that I overheard people talking about you regarding tipping, wasn't me lol?

In case you didn't notice we were joking about it.

If all people can talk about while waiting to board a cruise ship are my brilliant posts then more power to them.

Noticed in my travel notes on my documents i looked at today ont he carnival sight that Tipping increased from 10.00 per person per day to 11.50 per person per day. i have no problem with the increase.

But we already paid our tips in advance when we booked it, Will they charge me the extra 3.00 a day on my sail and sign or how will that work? Or since we booked before the price increase do we not pay that?

Just curious. Thanks.

I take it you don't read the comments on these boards much!:D

Kathy

So let me get this straight;

.15 goes to each the waiter and assistant waiter, Who take care of you 3 times each day

and .20 goes to the steward that cleans your room one time and turns down the covers one time each day.

Seams strange that the guy that helps you 2 times per day gets more than the guys that help you 3 times each day.

So who gets the rest of the money? (yea, I had to ask, just to bring everyone up to speed)

people that don't clean your room, nor serve you a meal. seems they are people that don't serve you at all.

people that don't clean your room, nor serve you a meal. seems they are people that don't serve you at all.

They raise the curtin in the theatre so you can see the show. I also do not agree with tipping the guy that does this but this seems to be one place the tip will now go.

They raise the curtin in the theatre so you can see the show. I also do not agree with tipping the guy that does this but this seems to be one place the tip will now go.

and how much better they will raise that curtain once tipped!

a job well done!

Archived