Noticed today Tipping prices went up for Carnival

Angiet75

Noticed in my travel notes on my documents i looked at today ont he carnival sight that Tipping increased from 10.00 per person per day to 11.50 per person per day. i have no problem with the increase.

But we already paid our tips in advance when we booked it, Will they charge me the extra 3.00 a day on my sail and sign or how will that work? Or since we booked before the price increase do we not pay that?

Just curious. Thanks.

Yes, they announced this a couple of weeks ago. They hadn't raised suggested gratuities in almost 10 years. From what I can tell, if you have prepaid, then you won't be charged the extra. (But, you might want to check with your TA or the cruise line just in case)

If you've already prepaid your tips, you will be exempt from the higher amount.

This was a hot topic on here for a while a few weeks back and the dead horse is still dead, so hopefully it will stop at this.

That horse will not stay dead, mark my words plenty of life left.

Noticed in my travel notes on my documents i looked at today ont he carnival sight that Tipping increased from 10.00 per person per day to 11.50 per person per day. i have no problem with the increase.

But we already paid our tips in advance when we booked it, Will they charge me the extra 3.00 a day on my sail and sign or how will that work? Or since we booked before the price increase do we not pay that?

Just curious. Thanks.

yes, there is an increase.

unfortunately, of that $1.50, only 30¢ goes to your waiter and asst. (15¢ each), and 20¢ goes to your steward.

carnival is taking the rest to cover raises for their salaried personel.

also, prepaid tips allegedly are grandfathered only if you prepaid them prior to october 30th, 2011. that was kept a secret until the night of october 30th, when word got some some ta's got notified, and most did not.

we have read one report where a ta asked thier client for more money to cover the increased tips, even though they had prepaid before oct 30th.

i would highly recommend you check your account when boarding, especially if you are cruising on one of the ships that debit and credit prepaid tips. make sure your credit equals your debit.

Just let it go, before it even starts. OP's question has been answered.

that would be incorrect.

also, prepaid tips allegedly are grandfathered only if you prepaid them prior to october 30th, 2011. that was kept a secret until the night of october 30th, when word got some some ta's got notified, and most did not.

we have read one report where a ta asked thier client for more money to cover the increased tips, even though they had prepaid before oct 30th.

i would highly recommend you check your account when boarding, especially if you are cruising on one of the ships that debit and credit prepaid tips. make sure your credit equals your debit.

that would be incorrect.

I thought it was October 31st?:confused:

Bill

Well soory to open this can or worms again.

Thanks for answering. Was just curious how and if i wiould be billed.

have a great day everyone.

ignore the fisherman. it is a very valid question, and harder to research as the issue is being squashed with disappearing threads.

yes, there is an increase.

unfortunately, of that $1.50, only 30¢ goes to your waiter and asst. (15¢ each), and 20¢ goes to your steward.

carnival is taking the rest to cover raises for their salaried personel.

Cite to an authoritative source, please?

Cite to an authoritative source, please?

Carnival good enough?

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88#q-544396

$ 2.00 - Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to kitchen, entertainment, guest services and other hotel staff members.

This has also been confirmed by The Brand Ambassador on his Facebook page.

Archived