Norwegian Pearl

muti

Ever since I joined CC I've noticed that many, many people have commented negatively about the Norwegian line. Last week we did a short seven day trip into the Western Caribbean on the Norwegian Pearl -- it was absolutely incredible. The crew and staff bent over backwards to help you out with everything. The cabins were spotless. The food far surpassed many of the other ships we have sailed on (especially the chicken noodle soup!!). A couple of the entertainers were top notch -- the "major production shows" weren't as good as other cruise lines but were still good. The passengers were kind -- no pushing to try to get into a venue or to the food -- and very friendly. I'm not sure that I would travel on a Norwegian ship other than the Pearl, but I sure would go back on the Pearl. The only negative was disembarking -- it took over an hour. There were only eight customs agents working so things were done at a snail's pace.

I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed your NCL Pearl cruise! :cool: My husband and I loved our cruise on that ship too. Glad to see that it's still as good as it was back in early 2009. I'm happy that you'd enjoy sailing on Pearl again. We would too.

Please don't rule out trying other NCL ships, though. All that we've sailed have had awesome officers/crew/staff, fun ships to explore, and had good to fabulous entertainment. I read that other ships in the fleet have the same.

Ahhh, so many great ships, people, and entertainment out there (on all lines) :cool:, and so little time to cruise :(.

Wishing you many more happy sailings!

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised that we enjoyed the Pearl as much as we did. We had a great cruise and loved both the crew and the ship. It just goes to show how reviews are relative to each persons expectations and perceptions and won't necessarily align with mine! I guess I'll have to try every ship and every line to make up my own mind!!:p

I have thought about NCL for awhile. I recently ran into an old neighbor who is a seasoned cruiser and also has been a travel agent (actually owns the agency) for a good 10 years or more and the conversation of course turned to cruising. I mentioned that I wouldn't mind trying NCL in the future and he made a face and said 'after Royal Caribbean you will not be happy with NCL trust me'. When I asked him to elaborate he simply said 'because NCL is a huge step down'. Yet I have seen a few RCI cruisers who vacationed on NCL and were very happy.

I am glad you had fun. Food is subjective, and what pleases you or I may not please somebody else. I recall a couple joining us for lunch complaining about everything. The gentleman specifically hated the NCL baked goods, my husband's favorites! Same with entertainment-quite subjective. I am happy with freestyle, but others need to have an assigned waiter and table and time to be happy. No line suits everyone, but personally I find plenty to like on different lines.

We've enjoyed every line we've been on. I think that there are some folks who are just plain difficult to please -- and that is sad. As far as we're concerned, bring on a cruise (any cruise) and we'll love it.

We've enjoyed every line we've been on. I think that there are some folks who are just plain difficult to please -- and that is sad. As far as we're concerned, bring on a cruise (any cruise) and we'll love it.

I agree. I'd much rather share a ship with you than with the chronically cranky cruisers. As different as Celebrity and NCL are, I enjoy them both. Glad you do, too.

Ever since I joined CC I've noticed that many, many people have commented negatively about the Norwegian line. Last week we did a short seven day trip into the Western Caribbean on the Norwegian Pearl -- it was absolutely incredible. The crew and staff bent over backwards to help you out with everything. The cabins were spotless. The food far surpassed many of the other ships we have sailed on (especially the chicken noodle soup!!). A couple of the entertainers were top notch -- the "major production shows" weren't as good as other cruise lines but were still good. The passengers were kind -- no pushing to try to get into a venue or to the food -- and very friendly. I'm not sure that I would travel on a Norwegian ship other than the Pearl, but I sure would go back on the Pearl. The only negative was disembarking -- it took over an hour. There were only eight customs agents working so things were done at a snail's pace.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I have been on the Jewel twice and the Sun once. They are as you have described the Pearl. :D

My family (husband, M-I-L, and two teens) and a few friends are embarking on our first cruise in March. I have read several negative posts on CC about the Pearl and I was beginning to think I made an error in selecting this ship. We are seasoned travelers and half full kind of people. Thank you for your positive comments. If you have any suggestions for us in regards to what to do, where to go, etc. I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

My family (husband, M-I-L, and two teens) and a few friends are embarking on our first cruise in March. I have read several negative posts on CC about the Pearl and I was beginning to think I made an error in selecting this ship. We are seasoned travelers and half full kind of people. Thank you for your positive comments. If you have any suggestions for us in regards to what to do, where to go, etc. I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

We have sailed on Princess many times, Oasis (RCCL), Costa, Carnival and now Norwegian. Our Pearl cruise was right up there at the top of the list in satisfaction. We have a Celebrity cruise coming up and I hope they're half as good as the Pearl was. We didn't do much around the pool as we like to be in a more quiet area. But, there was a lot of laughter coming from there so I'm sure everyone was having a great time.

We ate in the MDR once and it was fine. We tried the Japanese Steak House type venue (can't remember the name other than it started with a T) and did the Mexican food venue. They were both terrific -- T was $25/pp and M was $10/pp. The buffet was incredible -- they even make pasta to your liking. The Alfredo was delicious. I got it plain and then went on down the line and added grilled chicken and sauteed mushrooms -- oh, I wish I had a plate of that in front of me now!!! The chicken noodle soup at lunch was my very favorite.

I'm sure the entertainment will change from what we had. But, if the guys are there doing the tribute to the Four Seasons, don't miss it. They were terrific.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Since this was a cruise just to "chill", we chose not to do the excursions. We had been to the Western Caribbean before and just wanted to relax this time. Next time, I'll be swimming with the dolphins!!

Jackie

Archived