Jewel of the Seas....bugging a couple...

My wife Nathalie and I are the couple that posted on this site a short time ago about being bitten and that have been on the news. We are very appreciative that so many people have taken interest in our situation. We really hope that something good will come out of this so that others don't have to suffer through similar ordeals. Because we are currently represented, we have been advise to say very little at this time. I will say that there are now other couples that have come forward after being bitten by bed bugs on Royal Caribbean ships. One couple was on the Jewel of the Seas also, but the other couple was on the Navigator of the Seas. Someone did ask what room we were in.... it was room 7532.

Alan

Guest OBAYbee
My wife Nathalie and I are the couple that posted on this site a short time ago about being bitten and that have been on the news. We are very appreciative that so many people have taken interest in our situation. We really hope that something good will come out of this so that others don't have to suffer through similar ordeals. Because we are currently represented, we have been advise to say very little at this time. I will say that there are now other couples that have come forward after being bitten by bed bugs on Royal Caribbean ships. One couple was on the Jewel of the Seas also, but the other couple was on the Navigator of the Seas. Someone did ask what room we were in.... it was room 7532.

Alan

For the record, I believe you. Hope all is well now.

hate to burst your bubble but bed bugs have been on just about all ships. I have heard and read stories about a few Carnival ships having the same problems. Checking out the matress as SuzieQK said is a very good suggestion. We also had seen the 20/20 show on bb in hotels. now I'm getting itchy!!!

OMG, why did you have to post this. Now i'm really freaking out. My husband and given me a stuffed bunny for easter. Well, the last few days I have found bugs in my room. Just like one or two a night walking across my bedspead or my arm. Yesterday, i picked up the bunny, that was next to my bed, and he had about 15 bugs on him. So bunny went bye bye.

Well, i can't do crap until the mailman delivers my new filter for my vaccuum (cause I accidently threw out the other one).

I have never been bitten, and he is not a reddish brown like the link showed above, but I'm freaking out. Please don't let it be bed bugs!!!!!!

BAD BUNNY!!! BUNNY MUST DIE!!!!

Natalie and Alan.. just read this report on your Bed Bug fiasco.. here is the link to verify your story..

BEG BUGS ON THE JEWEL

Hope you are feeling better..

I travel for business and make it my first priority to look for the tell tale signs..

That is why my cruise this year was the Inaugural Carnival Valor.. THE BED BUGS HADNT HAD TIME TO BOOK A TRIP ON THE VALOR!!LOL

Is everyone in this country lawsuit happy? The people who say this happened mentioned a lawyer, is that really necessary? I don't know what RCCL offered in compensation, but I would think they would offer appropriate compensations for getting bit by bedbugs. I was bitten by bedbugs at a nice hotel once, but didn't feel it was necessary to call up a lawyer!

I have been concerned more about the Norovirus for our cruise in May and went out and bought Clorox Wipes and Lysol to spray down the mattresses and sheets. I'll be putting it on real thick now!! Gross!:(

I'm with you, did the same thing, went out and got lysol and clorox wipes.

We're going on th VOS June 3, going to clean that cabin everywhere and anywhere I can. I get grossed out very easy:eek:

Bogi from Conn

You'll be fine. Check the mattress and remember to leave your bags zipped up when you put them under the bed. The odds are really low, and you wouldn't be that concerned about a mosquito bite.

I mentioned to my husband about another bedbug problem on a cruise ship (this has come up before, and also at Walt Disney World) . And he has become so used to my biologist bug talk, all he said was "oh yeah, you said we should do that last time, we forgot"

Really, please don't stress over something like this. It sounds gross, but just a few simple observations and precautions, and you can deal with it. Just enjoy your vacation! :)

• 5 months later...
I really think I am going to try to refrain from reading this board until after our cruise on the JOS. The pictures I've seen look clean, immaculate and she is a new ship.Why do people write such horrid tales, and they are always new posters, if you notice.

Hubby and I were on in February with a large group......30 people. Not one complaint. We are bringing our kids over Thanksgiving. Believe me, I would not spend the money if it were not in tip top shape!

I really think I am going to try to refrain from reading this board until after our cruise on the JOS. The pictures I've seen look clean, immaculate and she is a new ship.Why do people write such horrid tales, and they are always new posters, if you notice.

If bedbugs were the worst thing I'd ever slept with, I'd be a lucky man.

But I stay sober now.:o

Archived