Info. Its people like you that make cruising

That much better!

Question for you .. We are on the Epic in June

and cant wait! We are in cabin 9285 balcony,

And i am confused if we have an "uncovered"

Balcony or not.?When i booked this cabin

I asked if there was anything i should know

If there were any wierd things with the balcony

And NCL told me it was a standard balcony.

So is it uncovered? Please help!

As per the opening post:

" In between, rooms 9269 through 9286 are uncovered. "

Hello! my dh and i are going on the eastern Epic cruise dec 1st and we are so excited! Lots of questions here for the experts!! this is only our 2nd cruise so we are looking for any help as to what to do on the short port times..

1-We are in cabin 9028. Has anyone stayed in this extended cabin? I hope the balcony is glass bottom and awesome and not the closed in hull kind!!!!! Please let me know if you know which it is...our first cruise was the port hole view. It was ok but NOT my cup of tea...never again! I want to hear and see the water every second!

2-

Is the water warm enough to snorkel in Dec in st maarten and st thomas? Last year we went to grand cayman and cozumel and the water was VERY cold!

3-Is it easy to get around st maarten? we are only going to shop here.

4-2nd stop is st thomas and we are doing a 4 1/2hr snorkel so that only leaves about 2 or 3 hrs to shop. Is that enough time to even do any shopping?

5-3rd stop is nassau i dont really want to pay to see atlantis so are there any great tours for this one and is it easy to get to paradise island from the port?

Our first and only other cruise was with our teenage kids and it was HORRIBLE!! They did not appreciate the cost involved in taking them with us so it is only us this time...besides its our 20th anniv so i think we deserve some quite time!! :)

Thank you guys SO much for any help you can give me...Safe travels to ALL

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey Mike what about 9289 corner room is that exposed too???:cool:

We are cruising on the Epic for the first time, In March 23,2013.

How do you like NCL for cruising we have gone Royal and Carnival but not NCL.

Nope! Not exposed. There is a balcony right over it. Great room.

I prefer NCL to RCI and CCL, mainly because of 2 reasons 1) freestyle dining, and 2) no formal nights. :) I find the ships to be great, the crews awesome, and the entertainment better than both CCL or RCI.

Have a great trip!

sdmike, I followed one of your links so now I know what my HULL cabin will be like. Now I know why they are unsold and offered the B6 at special rate the same as a BD.

Wish I had researched it a bit before picking the cabin yesterday while we were changing the cruise date.

sdmike, I followed one of your links so now I know what my HULL cabin will be like. Now I know why they are unsold and offered the B6 at special rate the same as a BD.

Wish I had researched it a bit before picking the cabin yesterday while we were changing the cruise date.

At least you get a nice big balcony, right? :)

We just booked into one of the B6 cabins in the very front of the ship on deck 11. From photos it appears that these balconies have solid bottoms rather than glass. Can anyone comment on these particular cabins?

Without knowing the exact room, I would say yes...you have what we call a "hull balcony". There is a link in my signature area with more information on these.

We were on the Epic, Dec.22-29th on deck 12 in these enclosed or "hull" balconies. I too only found out about a week or so before our cruise and was very disappointed. I complained to NCL and each cabin (we had 5) got a $50 OBC.

The balcony is huge, you still can hear the wonderful waves BUT I hated not being able to "watch" the water which I normally love to do.

It didn't ruin the cruise but I would make sure to never again book a similar cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
Great help, thank you,

Sailing april 6 2013 on the Epic.

Somebody info about cabin 12181, mid ship?

First time cruiser!!!

:o

Nice balcony room on the starboard side with the bed by the balcony (preferred by most). Even though you're mid-ship you are not real far from the rear elevators (there are no midship elevators or stairs).

Have a great trip!

Nice balcony room on the starboard side with the bed by the balcony (preferred by most). Even though you're mid-ship you are not real far from the rear elevators (there are no midship elevators or stairs).

Have a great trip!

TNX verry much

;)

SDMike: I just wanted to let you know that you have been an enormous help to me and my family as we have planned our Epic vacation! Thank you for the wonderful links in your signature as well as your insight on these boards. So many times I have had questions about cabin selection or entertainment or even where to stay in Miami, and I inevitably find myself reading a post that you have heavily contributed to. Thank you, sincerely! I haven't actually had to post any questions because I have found that they have all been answered already!

My family and I are now happily preparing for our Epic cruise this November. We are in two B6 balcony cabins (11100 and 11104) and an inside across the hall (11098). With the insight i've gained on this forum I was able to select what I think are great rooms for my husband and myself, my parents next door and my brother and his girlfriend across the hall.

I know this is an Epic thread, and I don't mean to hijack it, but I also wanted to thank you for your lovely Alaskan review. My husband and I are going on the Pearl in August and have read your review many times. Even though you went on the Jewel, there was tons of information to glean from it that was relevant to our trip!

Thank you for your contributions to this community!

wow! Thank you very much for the kind words! Your check's in the mail! ;)

But seriously, I'm glad I could help. I've gotten a lot of great advice from folks on CC and I'm just paying it forward. :)

Great info here. I have a question. I have a balcony room on the Feb. 2 sailing (not that I'm gloating or counting down the days, or anything like that), and I was wondering: If I ask them to swap in a lounge chair for the little table and chairs, will they do that?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike

thanks so much for your hard work in compiling the overlay deck plans, what a tremendous help.

I have just booked the Epic transatlantic on 20th October from Barcelona and have x3 cabins next door to each other on Deck 9 - 9076/9068/9072, so it was a relief to find out (I hope :)) that these have covered balconies, albeit looking down onto Deck 8 balconies and lifeboats? If could could confirm, that would be great.

We sailed the Epic last May and didn't even give it a thought about the balcony position, but this time I am responsible for a 'family booking' and don't think my Mum would be happy if she was overlooked.

Once again, thanks for the information.

Sdmike: Thanks for posting this information! I found out that the cabin we have booked is one of the extended cover balcony cabins. I don't think that will be a bad thing--no sunburn for me! Hopefully DH agrees. :)

you're welcome.

It's a shame all my pictures disappeared from the first post. I'll have to track them down and repost them

Here are a couple of pictures that disappeared from the first post.

This is what the double wide balcony cover looks like. This was from 14022

496-vi.jpg

This looks towards 14024, 14026, etc. You can see how when you get to the "hump" this cover just becomes balcony width.

497-vi.jpg

It came in handy in bright sun, and in weather like this

1296-vi.jpg

In this picture you can see some uncovered balconies on deck 8 below us. Uncovered and looking out at the lifeboats.

250-vi.jpg

Better picture of the open balconies

266-vi.jpg

• 1 month later...

I thought I would post here as there was not much information on these cabins before we left.

These are family connecting balconies with adjoining interioir door as well as a balcony dividing door that was allowed to be open on our voyage.

13186 has the couch closest to the balcony, 13188 has the bed closest to the balcony.

13186 is a little different as it transtions from double to signgle covered as the deck above retracts at a 45 degree angle directly above this balcony.

You can see these in the pictures, one of the side of the ship, one taken from the balcony outward showing the deck above 13186.

13188 is a normal single coverage balcony.

email me @ um5xno1@aol.com if you need additional pictures-i know these was very little before I sailed.

2122065280_EPICBAL.jpg.cecb2d3bed99e50c771941dbb3ae3057.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg.0b30abae3df1428fa6e5c4af727ee2fd.jpg