Epic Uncovered and Extended Balcony Listing

sdmike

We have cabin 8100 booked for our cruise and it looks like that one has an uncovered balcony. Is that correct? Has anyone stayed in that cabin? Do the lifeboats block much of the view? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

8100 appears to be in between the two sets of lifeboats, more closer to the aft than the front, right over the crew's liferaft canisters.

https://bysmariebailey.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/img_20140101_140044_727.jpg

It's kinda the third or fourth cabin out from the deck 9 diagonal balcony bug on deck 8, the first deck with balconies. In the above pic 5 or 6 palm trees right of the blue container. Can't miss the liferaft containers. :)

• 4 months later...

Hi,

First posting on this site so sorry if it isn't in right place!!

We are just trying to work out where our cabins are and what the balconies will be like and hope someone can help. NCL have advised that we have unobstructed views but being on deck 8, we are concerned that the lifeboats will be a problem - just wish we had checked out this info while aboard in September!

We have been allocated cabins 8054 and 8062 but after reading a few reviews, we are a little concerned that we may have uncovered balconies as well as having no view down to the sea. Can anyone help advise if these cabins are ok? Have tried to work out from various photos on the site but we can't really be sure where we are.

8100 appears to be in between the two sets of lifeboats, more closer to the aft than the front, right over the crew's liferaft canisters.

https://bysmariebailey.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/img_20140101_140044_727.jpg

It's kinda the third or fourth cabin out from the deck 9 diagonal balcony bug on deck 8, the first deck with balconies. In the above pic 5 or 6 palm trees right of the blue container. Can't miss the liferaft containers. :)

A nice picture!

Does anyone know if room 9032 on Epic is a good room?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

7fff03e177d040378c77356d2d42de61.png

An angled balcony, some more room on the balcony due to the diagonal shape/railing. It's also rear facing and therefore sheltered from the wind in most situations and more usable. No lifeboats below.

Deck 10 and up has some view on to your extended balcony but not significant!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi

Just booked the epic for October 8th from Barcelona.

Room no 12177.

NCL recommended this room to us when booking.

Has anyone stayed in this room and could tell us more on pros and cons?

First time on NCL

Can't wait.

Cheers:D

Same as the ones above, perfect location to use both staircases, cabins above and below on that deck.

18 days to go and i just realized this. We are in room 10017, which is a hull balcony (rather than 10015 which is an interior room. I hope I made the right choice!

If you are talking about cabin 10017 on the EPIC you are not in a hull balcony. You will be in the first full balcony on deck 10. That's a good cabin because you will be looking down at the ocean from your balcony rather than the top of lifeboats.

If you are talking about cabin 10017 on the EPIC you are not in a hull balcony. You will be in the first full balcony on deck 10. That's a good cabin because you will be looking down at the ocean from your balcony rather than the top of lifeboats.

Thanks!!! That makes me feel better!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Sailing on the EPIC on the 4th June 2017 and have hopefully picked a large balcony as I am disabled and need a place to put my buggy when not in use. I picked cabin 13030 after changing from a hull cabin as I cannot stand for any great period of time and love to see the sea.... anyone also know if bed is near balcony ?

Thanking anyone for any information as my disability hinders my agility

• 3 months later...
We booked room BA 12224. Can anyone comment on this room, location and balcony? Thanks for all the input here...a great read!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

Hi, have you sailed on this voyage yet? Wanted to ask about the cabin as we are booked on it as well.

Thanks,

Marie