when are tips applied to S&S account

smc0320

I can't remember how quickly they appear, exactly, but they've always been there by the end of the first full day (when I normally first start checking our bill)

I know there have been several cruises (actually, now that I'm looking, all the cruises I still have the scans of my bills for) where they are the first item on the printout

And it's an UGLY sight that first day when you check it. LOL It's WOW where did that come from. I'm gonna pre-pay this year just so I don't have to see it.

For Newbies it would probably come as a shock!

A very good ? though.

And it's an UGLY sight that first day when you check it. LOL It's WOW where did that come from. I'm gonna pre-pay this year just so I don't have to see it.

For Newbies it would probably come as a shock!

A very good ? though.

You still see it on the bill but you see the credit to go with it. I can be a bit confusing to read

On the last few 7 night cruises we have taken, we have received a memo is our room on Wednesday evening telling us they will be charging our account the next day and the breakdown, mentioning that they also can be adjusted. Not sure about the shorter cruises.

does anyone know this? are they the very 1st thing applied (if you haven't pre-paid them) or do they get added later?

It can vary depending on your method of payment.

If you set up an individual cash account,they will debit that first.They require a minimum of $100, but for a week they like $350. You can get on for $100 but they don't like it.(yet I wonder the legality of that minimum)

It takes them a few hours to start to debit,so if you put down a $100 and charge $31 before they even leave the dock,they will call you down the next morning as the debit for the weeks tips bounced already.

Thanks for all the replies...WOW!

This was really just a question to settle a friendly dispute....someone asked why would they be charged before you ever received any service...but I really though it was the 1st charge to be applied.

Thanks again!

We just got off the Imagination on Friday, Nov. 25. They appeared in a lump charge about the 3rd day-but they only charged us $40(Monday-Friday cruise), so apparently, the tip increase had not gone into effect yet.

The change is effective 12/1/2011; the Day of the Apocalypse.

We boarded Last Saturday they charged it after 10pm on Sunday for a 7 day cruise..My advice too is every evening at about 11pm ask them for a print out and a balance..again we pay our S&S card with Cash since it works very well for us and all was fine :) Enjoy your Cruise

They always show up. We pre pay our gratuities. They still show up. The charge and the credit. I look at the bottom of the page of our account print out to make sure it is a plus and not a minus. We have them printed out frequently to eliminate surprises. You can’t always see your balance from your cabin TV.

Archived