There's no place like HAL...

Dreamer757

Sometimes you need to try another cruiseline to really appreciate HAL. The only time I will travel on another cruiseline is because of an itinerary that HAL does not offer. My Princess cruises were nice, but they lacked the HAL crew's warmth and great service.

Sometimes you need to try another cruiseline to really appreciate HAL. The only time I will travel on another cruiseline is because of an itinerary that HAL does not offer. My Princess cruises were nice, but they lacked the HAL crew's warmth and great service.

Yep~~our hearts belong to HAL.

Just wish there were more itin's from CA.

Pat

I am an avid fan of HAL and went very reluctantly on a cruise on the Ruby Princess out of FLL on November 13th. I had very low expectations in comparison to my dear HAL which I have sailed 11 times in the last 8 years, the last being in the PS on the Oosterdam in March. Well, I have to say that with a few notable exceptions, my Ruby Princess experience far exceeded my expectations. In fact, there were a number of aspects of this cruise where I felt that Princess outperformed HAL. I never expected to say that. There were a few exceptions, but not many. I want to write a detailed comparison for the loyal HAL fans but just have not been able to make the time. I will try to do so, but suffice it to say that I was extremely impressed with my Princess experience. I did book an aft Penthouse Suite, eat only in the magnificent specialty restaurants, experience Ultimate Balcony Dining and the Chef's table and spend each day in the Sanctuary. So, that certainly has some bearing on my experience. But, that said, comparing an S or PS experience on HAL with a PS experience on Princess, I was very pleasantly surprised with some areas outperforming HAL in my opinion. I hope to post more detail very soon.

Archived