?? Does anyone know .....

flamomo

What hotel(s) does Princess use for pre-cruise stays in San Francisco?

I have a cruise booked for March 2012 that sails r/t SFO.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice hotel that does not cost a fortune? I am not looking for a 5 star hotel, but something decent, and in a relatively safe area (as my cabinmate may not get to SFO the same day I plan to arrive) and preferably not too far from the port area. I am not at all familiar with SFO.

Does a hotel like that exist, or would it be recommended that I do the Princess hotel for safety?

I would call Princess & ask which hotel they use then look online to see if I could get a better rate. Remember that Princess charges per person, not room & you can usually get a better rate calling or looking online. Not always, but check to make sure before booking with Princess. One good option when booking with Princess is that you can pay the whole bill when final payment is due. Have fun!

Jan

If you want a recommendation in general, look at the Argonaut down by the wharf area. Decent rates are often available and their theme will get you in the mood for cruising (nautical theme with a small maritime museum)

I would call Princess & ask which hotel they use then look online to see if I could get a better rate. Remember that Princess charges per person, not room & you can usually get a better rate calling or looking online. Not always, but check to make sure before booking with Princess. One good option when booking with Princess is that you can pay the whole bill when final payment is due. Have fun!

Jan

Here's the info from the Princess website:

http://www.princess.com/learn/destinations/alaska/cruises/extend/stay/san_francisco.html

2012 Mark Hopkins Intercontinental Hotel

Situated atop Nob Hill, this hotel has one of San Francisco’s most prestigious addresses. It boasts fantastic views from every guest room and is minutes away from the city’s best attractions.

1 night from $179

Additional nights from $84

Note: All Cruise Plus Hotel Packages are quoted per person, double occupancy. Government fees and taxes are additional and vary by city and duration of stay. All packages include hotel accommodations, porterage, meet-and-greet services, transfers and the hospitality of a Princess representative. Please see your travel agent or call Princess Cruises for the most current fares, availability and for terms and conditions associated with the Cruise Plus program. Hotel properties and packages are subject to change and may not be available on all dates based on availability and participation.

(B) = Breakfast (L) = Lunch (D) = Dinner

I have a cruise booked for March 2012 that sails r/t SFO.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice hotel that does not cost a fortune? I am not looking for a 5 star hotel, but something decent, and in a relatively safe area (as my cabinmate may not get to SFO the same day I plan to arrive) and preferably not too far from the port area. I am not at all familiar with SFO.

Does a hotel like that exist, or would it be recommended that I do the Princess hotel for safety?

While I agree that you can find lovely hotels in San Francisco, some very close to the pier, DH and I couldn't pass up Princess' hotel in 2008. It was The Mark Hopkins and it was fabulous in every way - location included (we watched the Star sail in under the Golden Gate Bridge). We stayed two nights and even though it was a per person price, we knew we'd never be able to afford to stay there any other way! Well, not and cruise too!

Archived