Our Spirit Cruise

smilin jack

I guess this means I can skip the cruise and just watch it on YouTube!

Don't do that Jane, I am looking forward to meeting you!

I don't know how the video was made. I just found it on YouTube.

Maybe we are looking at the future.....Seabourn should do this with all their cruise segments. It sure would give people a good idea of what the cruise they are looking at looks like.

jack

The video is made using Google Earth, and creating a flight path over the terrain maps. The ship is a computer generated image that is overlaid on the map.

Pretty straightforward, and it shows the terrain at the time the images were taken in recent years, not when the cruise took place.

It's an impressive equivalent of a map on your wall on which you've drawn a line indicating your cruising progress.

If you haven't played with Google Earth, it's a must. I've enjoyed "flying" over terrain we've cruised through, like Greenland fjords. Take a flight through the Grand Canyon.

The video is made using Google Earth, and creating a flight path over the terrain maps. The ship is a computer generated image that is overlaid on the map.

Pretty straightforward, and it shows the terrain at the time the images were taken in recent years, not when the cruise took place.

It's an impressive equivalent of a map on your wall on which you've drawn a line indicating your cruising progress.

If you haven't played with Google Earth, it's a must. I've enjoyed "flying" over terrain we've cruised through, like Greenland fjords. Take a flight through the Grand Canyon.

I do have the itinerary of our next cruise now.... Can you tell me step by step how I can add the ship? I've tried, but until now no success....

Thanks!

Marja

Archived