Thinking of Princess for DH and I for March 2012

swimmom32

We live in south florida and cruise Carnival. We Just off of the Liberty and had a blast with the Kids..DH and I are looking to cruise just the 2 of us for our 23rd anniversary....Can anyone give me some feedback of their experience. We would sail out of Ft lauderdale to the Caribbean for March-April 2012..

Thank you :)

My DH and I just booked the Crown for a 7-day of the Southern Caribbean leaving Ft. Lauderdale on March 10. We're very partial to Princess - have never sailed anything else, because we love the ships, always like the itineraries, and always enjoy the people we meet on board. We're early to mid-50s - celebrating our 20th anniversary in December. We chose this cruise because:

1. It's in the middle of March, when most kids are in school, so there are fewer kids on board. We love kids (we have 2 grown kids of our own), but when it's just the 2 of us, we like not having the pools and dining rooms overcrowded with tons of kids.

2. That said, we always find a great mix of other people: all ages, from all over the country, lots of shared interests, etc.

3. We've been to Aruba twice before and really love it. It's beautiful and because it's so far south, it's always a great break from the winter freeze - but we're from Philadelphia, whereas you're from Florida so not so bothered by cold weather, I assume!

4. We were scheduled to go to Curacao on our last cruise to the Caribbean, but that day the seas at the pier were just a little too rough to safely dock, so we didn't stop there. We're looking forward to another chance to see it because we've heard it's beautiful.

5. If you really love Carnival because of the great party atmosphere, which many people prefer, you may find Princess a little more subdued than you're used to. However, if you do go on Princess, you'll no doubt meet MANY on board who, like my DH and me, love it and would probably never sail anything else. We're never bored and love the variety of entertainment and activities.

Good luck with all your research and planning. Hope I gave you something to think about - and I hope you land on Princess. If so, give some thought to the 3/10 cruise on the Crown. We've never done that ship, but we've done both the Ruby and the Emerald, both of which are identical to the Crown. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed!

March-- is a lot of families-- spring breakers.

Can you go a few weeks earlier?

Although when we sailed during the spring break one year-- over 800 kids were onboard- I was surprised because we hardly saw any.

We have sailed several times during spring break (around St. Patrick's Day or earlier in March for DH's school). We've never had a problem with kids, but that's probably because we avoid the areas they'd be in. There are lovely adults only pools. We also eat second seating, which is too late for most families with small children.

We're going on the Crown next month to Aruba and Curacao. I love that itinerary because it gives us an extra day at sea (and almost two since the ship doesn't get to Curacao until the afternoon). But we've also enjoyed our eastern and western Caribbean cruises if you want to go to more ports.

Archived