Art pieces are here! Yeah!!

kdinkus1

For the first time in all of our cruises, my DH decided to buy some paintings. Thomas Kincaid art; 10 pictures in a bundle! Every cruise we took, he would drool over the art sold in the auctions. Then he retired and decided to 'go for it'. (I was ill due to motion sickness and couldn't leave our cabin). However, as soon as he returned to the room, he began to have second thoughts. So after much thinking and deliberating, we decided to 'cancel' his order. We were told that we would have to wait until we returned home to do this. We were pretty discouraged as the amount of money he spent was a pretty penny for us. Then we received a call asking us to come to the art studio to talk to the manager in charge. He could tell we were really upset so asked us if there was anything else that we might want to 'exchange' it with. After some discusion, we found the perfect paintings. We received our first one today (out of 3), and I am very pleased with it. Now the waiting begins for the other 2! I am so excited!

Enjoy the art, my gf bought six of those on the Valor, like I told her, don't buy them as an investment, buy them because you like the art...

And I wouldn't worry about those nay sayers that say that it is junk. You knew it wasn't an original when you bought it, so you obviously like the art. So enjoy it. :)

For the first time in all of our cruises, my DH decided to buy some paintings. Thomas Kincaid art; 10 pictures in a bundle! Every cruise we took, he would drool over the art sold in the auctions. Then he retired and decided to 'go for it'. (I was ill due to motion sickness and couldn't leave our cabin). However, as soon as he returned to the room, he began to have second thoughts. So after much thinking and deliberating, we decided to 'cancel' his order. We were told that we would have to wait until we returned home to do this. We were pretty discouraged as the amount of money he spent was a pretty penny for us. Then we received a call asking us to come to the art studio to talk to the manager in charge. He could tell we were really upset so asked us if there was anything else that we might want to 'exchange' it with. After some discusion, we found the perfect paintings. We received our first one today (out of 3), and I am very pleased with it. Now the waiting begins for the other 2! I am so excited!

Enjoy! My DH and I have spent thousands on our art purchased at sea and we love them all...don't regret any of them. BTW, they are not junk, the majority of our one-of-a-kinds have gone up in value...not that we have any plans to sell them.

Enjoy! My DH and I have spent thousands on our art purchased at sea and we love them all...don't regret any of them. BTW, they are not junk, the majority of our one-of-a-kinds have gone up in value...not that we have any plans to sell them.

What do you have that has gone up? Just the artist's name is fine if you don't mind me asking?

How did you determine that they gone up?

WE too have bought several pieces of art. From disney pics inked in by the original cartoonists to thomas kincaid(FYI, Most kincades are lithographs, NOT junk). We consider them jewerly for our home. Each art pice was bought on a different ship at a different time in our marriage. Each piece has unique memories attached. Did we get a good deal? Maybe not. Did we get cheated? Don't think so. And we would buy more pieces cept we have no more room on our walls. So ENJOY your art!

baf

We just got off our sailing and also was our first time attending an action-- loved it! And I did bid on a couple pieces and won the bids.

I disagree with the "junk" comment--- there is actually great quality (at least what I saw) famous artwork at a good value.

OP-- ENJOY!! I did see the TK pieces--- they are VERY nice.... just not my style.

How long did it take to arrive? Im really looking forward to getting mine !

"Thanks to all of you who posted positive comments." We really are very happy with the pieces we purchased (whether they are JUNK to some or not!) (RVP Cruiser: How long did it take to arrive? Im really looking forward to getting mine !) A little over 3 weeks, however Park West (the company that we bought the art from) didn't receive the order till about 10 days ago. Hope that helps! We were told that it could take as long as late December to get them... Bo Didly: We didn't buy the art in hopes to resale but have checked into it due to your comment. According to an art broker, one of them we bought has a resale value at 2 1/2 x more than what we purchased for it. I wouldn't call this 'junk' art, would you? ;)

"Thanks to all of you who posted positive comments." We really are very happy with the pieces we purchased (whether they are JUNK to some or not!) (RVP Cruiser: How long did it take to arrive? Im really looking forward to getting mine !) A little over 3 weeks, however Park West (the company that we bought the art from) didn't receive the order till about 10 days ago. Hope that helps! We were told that it could take as long as late December to get them... Bo Didly: We didn't buy the art in hopes to resale but have checked into it due to your comment. According to an art broker, one of them we bought has a resale value at 2 1/2 x more than what we purchased for it. I wouldn't call this 'junk' art, would you? ;)

Thanks gammy-- Im looking forward to my art work to arrive :D Enjoy yours--

I'm sure you will enjoy your art, might I ask what reputable art broker and particular piece of work are we discussing ?

My DBIL(because somebody asked why immediate family is prefaced with a "D" while ILs aren't...breaking new ground here) bought some art on our Valor cruise because he liked it. The fact that it has gone up in value means little except to his heirs.

Enjoy your artwork and it's memories. When we have sailed out of New Orleans we have purchased Mardi Gras posters that we liked. The framing cost 8 times the price of the posters. They remind us that we have to get back to New Orleans again. :)

I don't have a dog in this fight, but Park West has been sued a few times (Google it). I don't think I'd trust them further than I could throw them. Speaking only for me, if I was spending more than, say, $2.50, I'd research the mess out of the piece AND the dealer and then buy only after that homework was done. Of course, we are not uber rich, so just dropping a few grand on something impulsively (without doing that homework first) "just because I like it" is not something I can do. Maybe if we win the lottery :D

Hello everyone. The art broker we used is someone local to our area. We have trust in him and in the quotes he gave us for our art pieces. Out of concern for me, my husband does not want me to give out the names of the art we bought. He feels that those who have questioned the art sold by Park West ($), may hit the internet to 'disprove' the quotes given to us. :( And then this thread will continue to be argued back and forth. I just want to be happy with what we purchased and nothing more. I hope people understand this and don't question our motives in not sharing. Thank you...

Hello everyone. The art broker we used is someone local to our area. We have trust in him and in the quotes he gave us for our art pieces. Out of concern for me, my husband does not want me to give out the names of the art we bought. He feels that those who have questioned the art sold by Park West ($), may hit the internet to 'disprove' the quotes given to us. :( And then this thread will continue to be argued back and forth. I just want to be happy with what we purchased and nothing more. I hope people understand this and don't question our motives in not sharing. Thank you...

Good lord! Did you ever think your joy and happiness would turn into this?

Enjoy your purchases. :)

I don't blame you. I am so happy for you. Enjoy your art and ignore the few naysayers on this thread.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but Park West has been sued a few times (Google it). I don't think I'd trust them further than I could throw them. Speaking only for me, if I was spending more than, say, $2.50, I'd research the mess out of the piece AND the dealer and then buy only after that homework was done. Of course, we are not uber rich, so just dropping a few grand on something impulsively (without doing that homework first) "just because I like it" is not something I can do. Maybe if we win the lottery :D

Maybe you and Bo Didly need to start your own thread. The OP did not ask your opinion either. She was just saying how happy she was with her art.

Maybe you and Bo Didly need to start your own thread. The OP did not ask your opinion either. She was just saying how happy she was with her art.

You need to reread what I wrote before you pitch a fit, nonna. I said I don't have a dog in this fight. I could care less if the OP got ripped off or not. It's her money to do with as she sees fit. I SPECIFICALLY said, "speaking only for me...." which to the common reader would mean, I am speaking only for me and what I would do, not what the OP should do. I didn't even infer she should do one thing or the other. Jeeze. Lighten up :rolleyes:

Unless you are buying art because of it resale or potential resale value, I believe art is worth as much as you feel it is to have it hanging on your wall. If an original painting of Elvis is what you would love to have hanging on your wall, then perhaps it would be worth a million to you, then pay it. To me it would be worthless. However, if there was a pretty picture painted by a nobody with no resale value, but that would go beautifully with my decor and that I could get for a couple of hundred, then I might snatch it up. What is it they say, value is in the eye of the beholder.

you should be happy. i collect art from everywhere we go. is it fine art and worth alot money? probably not according to some. to me, the art we have bought is some of the most valuables things we own. it brings us constant joy and memories of all the beautiful places we have been.

enjoy the art and i hope you continue to buy pieces that you love.:)

Archived