Guarantee Question No cabin assignment yet

Oshkosh

Hi

i have a guaranteed cabin trying to stay on the same deck as family members (they have their cabin assignments); the deck is shown as completely sold out; we left my cabin as No Upgrade to try to be on the same deck; Hence no cabin assignment and the trip is fast approaching. just a few weeks away; what do you think Princess will do? would they move someone to give me the cabin category I paid for??:)

If you have a guarentee without a cabin assignment, you cannot mark it as No Upgrade. Princess can put you in any cabin in the category you booked or any higher category. You may not find out the cabin assignment until you get to the pier.

You will get a cabin, but it could be an upgrade and on another deck from the rest of your family members. That's why people who want to be close together should book specific cabins and mark them "no upgrade" at the time of booking. Otherwise you're letting the cruise line decide where it needs to put you to fill available cabins.

With a GTY, you could be anywhere. The only thing guaranteed is that you'll have a cabin. You could be four decks and the length of the ship away, or next to them. That's why it's usually not a good idea to book a GTY if you want a cabin near someone you're traveling with. They are definitely not going to move someone else so you can be near your friends or family. A GTY is a gamble. You agree to be anywhere by booking one.

Archived