Silhouette Cellar Masters and the Beverage Package?

gibbsgirl

We returned on the 18th of November from the Silhouette Caribbean inaugural cruise and in order to use the enomatic servers you were required to purchase a wine card. We had the premium package and were told we could not use the package to operate the enomomatic servers. They were working on the ability to use your SeaPass card but it was not available on our cruise. We ended up purchasing the wine card the second day for $ 100.00 plus 15% gratuity. The deal was you received an extra $ 20.00 plus any future purchase you received 20% extra on the card. We were told it was an embarcation day special they extended into the second day of the cruise. Basically it was a prepaid credit card that only worked in Cellar Masters. In all honesty, it was nice and the lounge was a great meeting spot pre-dinner.

Enjoy your cruise!

The wines will dispense a certain amount (you decide how much) into your glass. The bottles' contents aren't exposed to air, so the wine keeps longer. You can sample some really high end wines this way w/o having to get a bank loan. You can dispense anywhere from a good healthy sip to a regular sized glass of wine.

http://www.enomaticusa.com/

On the S class cruises I've taken, I've rarely seen anyone in Cellermasters (which is too bad as it's a lovely venue). Maybe I was just "off times."

• 2 weeks later...
Not the wines in the Enomatic machines but the regular ones off the menu, yes. If you have a premium package and want something that costs more, you just pay the difference.

With the beverage package, I thought that if the price of the glass of wine exceeds the price limit ($12 with the premium package), then you must pay the ENTIRE cost of the glass of wine - not just the difference?

With the beverage package, I thought that if the price of the glass of wine exceeds the price limit ($12 with the premium package), then you must pay the ENTIRE cost of the glass of wine - not just the difference?

That is correct. You pay the full price, not the difference.

In September, we had the premium package and could get any drink/wine, but they would add on the amount over $12 - that was a change from the previous year when it would have been full price. I think the policy had just changed. We didn't use that benefit, but it was nice to know it was an option. It doesn't work that way with the non-premium package, only the premium.

That is not correct anymore. There has been a policy change. You pay only the difference. It's been referenced several times here on the boards. Perhaps someone can find the link on the Celebrity website but I don't really feel like digging it out.

That is not correct anymore. There has been a policy change. You pay only the difference. It's been referenced several times here on the boards. Perhaps someone can find the link on the Celebrity website but I don't really feel like digging it out.

That's a great change!

We've not been on the Silhouette, but on the Constellation they had a waitress serving wine as well as the self service machines, although it was a much smaller selection. The packages would be good towards this service if it is offered on the Silhouette.

Our experiance is that we've seen very little use of the machines. We tried one wine on the Connie just to check out the machines and it was absolutely terrible! We'd had the same wine from a purchased bottle the night before and it was clear that, for whatever reason, the wine from the machine was very stale. I don't know if the machine wasn't set up correctly, didn't work as advertised, or if the wine was in it longer than the machine can keep it fresh.

I'd definitely test one a known wine from the machines before committing to a purchase.

Also, on the Connie the machines worked with the normal seapass cards so it wasn't necessary to purchase a prepaid wine card.

I agree -- on Connie the machine dispensed swill -- we thought that maybe they had filled them with previously-opened bottles, as if someone at a bar ordered a glass of wine, and then that bottle sat for a few days and was transferred to one of the machines. We thought that it was a terribly wasted space and wish that it would be made back into a martini bar again. The current martini bar is unusable by a group of six people or more and is too much out in the open there in the atrium, noisy and exposed. Sometimes we aren't looking for a lively spot, but a quiet place for nice drinks and conversation before dinner, and the Cellar Masters location on the solsticized M-class ships would be great, but we never even saw a server at that bar, and no customers, either.

That is my understanding as well, SusieV...but you can only do this with the Premium Premium Package. If you purchase the lower priced package (senior moment - forgot its name), then they charge the full amount if the drink exceeds the per drink max.

Lon

Archived