beach day by the pitons

tipsy

See alot of great ideas for tours to the pitons here, but we're looking for one (via the water) that will take us direct to the pitons to spend the time on the beach, enjoying it all. Don't want a land/sea tour etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.:D

Spencer Ambrose has a tour "Jalousie Beach Break" that is by sea both ways and goes to Jalousie beach for about 3-4 hours of beach time there.

Alternatively, you could simply hire a taxi to take you to the beach, they are readily available at the pier and all know how to get there.

The beach is public, you can make camp on any portion of it, taking note that the nice loungers are the hotels and are available to rent. Also, the cab cannot drive you all the way down to the beach, but can drop you at the carpark and you can walk the rest of the way down or pay for their shuttle. Alternatively, you could cab to Soufriere, then take a water taxi over. A cab will cost you around $150US and up r/t for up to 4 people.

Another option would be to check out Congoman, who runs a tour to a very private seeming beach on the other side of the Pitons from Jalousie. He runs a beach BBQ with organic grown produce, fish you can catch right there yourself, there are some old plantation ruins, he can arrange beachside massages, etc. You can google him at Tribute to the Lion. An amazing day, much more local than Jalousie beach,.

See the thread "getting to Jalousie Beach" for more info on the beach and facilities, etc.

Enjoy your visit to the island!

St. Lucia is a beautiful island - I was there one week ago and took Spencer Ambrose - Jalousie Beach Break. We MAY have spent 90 minutes at Jalousie Beach. His website does promise 3-4 hours but evidently he had several groups touring that day and none that I spoke with got more than 90 minutes. One group reported they MAY have gotten 40 minutes. I would suggest you read the current reviews before booking.

I plan to return to St. Lucia someday but will find another way to snorkel by the beautiful Pitons.

Thank you pianogal83 and reedprincess for your help and suggestions. will check out the tours you gave and also the other thread here.

we've done those day van tours on other islands & after about 4 hrs. had enough. they make for a very long day and we've seen waterfalls, banana plantations, spice farms etc. Have no desire to go to the volcano, sulphur smell is nauseating to me. Do want to see the Pitons though.

that is why trying to find just a 4-5 hr beach day by them.

duly noted. Take note though, it is 45-1hour one way to Soufriere and the Pitons. Allow at least 2 hours r/t for transportation due to roads, distance and other tours that can cause some traffic.

By sea, it is still about 45 minutes one way. That adds up on your day!

Either way, they are worth the visit - amazing!

Enjoy your trip!

We had the exact opposite experience with Spencer Ambrose as the poster above. He met our group of 10 a little before 8:30 outside the shops. We went right to the boat and three guides took us straight to Jalousie Beach. We were there by at least 9:15 and were the first people on the beach. We were told we could use the chairs/shade to the side and were free to put down our towels or pay to use the chairs in the resort part of the beach. (a few in our group visited the resort office and checked out the rooms and got some info) One guide was left with us and tended to our every need! We snorkeled, ate, drank, and relaxed until the boat returned between 2:00-2:15 when had a tour around the shore line. We were back to the pier area in plenty of time to do some shopping. The only thing we didn't do was stop at another snorkeling spot, but we had great snorkeling at Jalousie and would rather have spent the time there anyway.

Tipsy.

When are you going we booked with Spencer for are up coming trip in Feb would be interested to hear how it goes for you if you are there before us. When we get back I will write a review here.

I will be on the Serenade of the Seas and will be in St. Lucia the same day as you (Feb 7). We plan on taking Spencer Ambrose's Land and Sea tour. Are you doing the beach break tour?

Again thank you to all for the info. sounds like Spencer is the way to go. will contact him this wknd and get all the info.

Yes we are doing the Beach Break several years ago I did a land tour with Cosol this time all I want to do is relax on beach and do some snorkling

I think we might be going with the ship tour to Jalousie Beach. I've been hearing too many horror stories about these private water tours. Unless good reviews start coming from these or other private tours via the water to the Pitons, I'll be booking with Carnival.

Archived