Explorer Adventure Ocean

doug618

Does anyone have any comments or feedback on the Adventure Ocean facility on the Explorer, and how it compares to the Liberty or Freedom?

Are the facilities smaller? Are the programs the same? How is the staff?

We just got off our 3rd time on the Freedom and our kids (5 & 8) love the AO on that ship but we're thinking of booking the Explorer next year.

Thanks

-Doug

I'm on the Explorer for the first time tomorrow with an 11 and 8 year old. They've been in Adventure Ocean before on the Freedom and the Mariner (twice on each ship) and I didnt see any real difference, so I imagine the Explorer will be the same. The staff has always been great and my kids always love them and the activities. I think the program is probably pretty consistent fleet-wide. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning! :D

The Adventure Ocean area on the Explorer is different from the Freedom class layout because of Adventure Beach which is in the back area. Explorer will be different than Mariner since the Mariner (Navigator too) is a second generation voyager class ship and has a bigger teen area instead of Adventure Beach.

If you look at the deckplans for the Explorer on the cruiseline website, you will see what I am talking about.

Archived