Jewel Dimond Events

Where are they held and what is included? We are sailing the Jewel and this will be our first as Diamond.

It is usually held either in the Hollywood Odyssey (if that room isn't used as a satellite concierge lounge for Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and suite guests) or in the Vortex (Viking Crown lounge). Wine, champagne and soft drinks are free while beer and other alcohol drinks are available at a 25% discount. Times are usually between 5:30 and 8:30 pm.:)

We just got off the Jewel on Thursday. We went to the Vortex for the Diamond event most nights for a glass or two of wine. Any of the times we were in there there was never more than a dozen people. We felt like we had the place to ourselves.

We just got off the Jewel on Thursday. We went to the Vortex for the Diamond event most nights for a glass or two of wine. Any of the times we were in there there was never more than a dozen people. We felt like we had the place to ourselves.

Hi,

We'll be on the Jewel in a few weeks:DSo excited! I was wondering what brand of wine is served for the Diamond event? Also were there any hor d'oeurves(sp) served?

Would you also be able to scan the compasses:confused:

Thank You

The Diamond events usually serve La Terre (or La Terrible as many like to say), though I've seen other brands depending on what type of wine you order. I'm guessing that the Events will be much more heavily attended this month with the Celebration going on.

Knots4crewzing,

They may have had hors d'oeruvres out on a table but we didn't see them. While we were in there they never came table to table with any. As for the wines the only brand I specifically recall was Beringer White Zin. They also had a Merlot and a Chardonnay. Sorry we can't help with the Compasses. We had them all stacked up to take with us and forgot and left them on the desk.

Knots4crewzing,

They may have had hors d'oeruvres out on a table but we didn't see them. While we were in there they never came table to table with any. As for the wines the only brand I specifically recall was Beringer White Zin. They also had a Merlot and a Chardonnay. Sorry we can't help with the Compasses. We had them all stacked up to take with us and forgot and left them on the desk.

Thank You:)

Berringer is great hopefully we'll have that. Just as long as it's not the Le Terre:( I know I know... shouldn't be picky it's free.

Basically just curious. Thanks anyway for the compasses. We still have 5 weeks to go so I'm sure someone will post them.

Have a nice weekend

Liz

• 2 months later...

We were on the 1/21 cruise. The Diamond event was in the Vortex, and the overflow

concierge was in the HO.

There were no munchies offered in the Diamond event on that cruise, and the wine

was indeed LaTerre. You get used it when it's free. ;) And we did not go

hungry later on...so no big deal on the missing nibblies.

Just off the Jewel. We went to the Diamond-Diamond+ lounge in the Vortex on the first night,we are D+. We asked the waitress if we could have mixed drinks like in the Concierge lounge and she said yes,we ordered our drinks and she gave us a charge slip,we told her we had asked before ordering about this, she had no understanding of what we were saying. She cancelled the charge but said that would only be for that order.She was very nice about it. The C&A rep cancelled the D+ in the Odyssey because there were only 43 onboard and 3 Pinnacle, so the concierge lounge was very crowded each night.

We were on the 1/21 cruise. The Diamond event was in the Vortex, and the overflow

concierge was in the HO.

There were no munchies offered in the Diamond event on that cruise, and the wine

was indeed LaTerre. You get used it when it's free. ;) And we did not go

hungry later on...so no big deal on the missing nibblies.

Booked our cruise for the Freedom 9/23 while on the Jewel last week.

Booked our cruise for the Freedom 9/23 while on the Jewel last week.

Congrats! :) If you have not been on the Freedom...you are in for a treat. :D

We love both the Jewel and the Freedom. Just wish we had a Radiance class ship

home ported here in PC as well! :)

Congrats! :) If you have not been on the Freedom...you are in for a treat. :D

We love both the Jewel and the Freedom. Just wish we had a Radiance class ship

home ported here in PC as well! :)

And I hope we can keep those Radiance class ships here in Tampa.;)

Archived