Rhapsody of the Seas Questions?

Cruising on Rhapsody and have a couple of questions.......

Have only cruised on Princess not RCL.

Is soap provided in cabins?

Do all cabins have hairdryers?

Power adapters... do we require the three point American one with two flat and one round pins?

Thanks in advance.....

Cruising on Rhapsody and have a couple of questions.......

Have only cruised on Princess not RCL.

Is soap provided in cabins?

Do all cabins have hairdryers?

Power adapters... do we require the three point American one with two flat and one round pins?

Thanks in advance.....

Hi there, yes, soap provided and replaced daily.. Yes, hair dryers in cabins. and European power adaptors was what we used. We took US and European as advised on here by other c'cers. The US werent succesful at all, the European was what suited all . There is only one power point in main cabin above desk so make sure you take a power board, the bathroom only had a shaver power point thingy..

Any other queries, you may have, fire away..

Fiona:)

Thanks for reply. I do have the powerboard ready to pack. It's the adaptor that has me confused. Could you describe the European adaptor. I have one that says it's European it has two round pins opposite each other [at 3 and 9 o'clock] The American one has three pins like Australian but one is round and the other two are flat.

Could you describe the European adaptor. I have one that says it's European it has two round pins opposite each other [at 3 and 9 o'clock] The American one has three pins like Australian but one is round and the other two are flat.

Yes, that's typical European.

Note that the American one you have includes an earth. Some US sockets don't have an earth - pretty sure Rhapsody does, but just be aware it could be an issue you have at times. If that happens you won't be able to plug it in as there are only two holes in the wall, but you have three prongs to plug in. (The downside the other way when you only plug two prongs in is that the appliance you are using is not earthed then.)

Hi Ting tong, welcome to Cc, I see you are cruising in March , the same as me which cruise are you going on?

Hi Kasey

I'm going on singapore to sydney cruise depart 29th march, Is it the same one as you?

Worst case scenario you can go to guest relations and borrow an adaptor (or ask your room steward). We have done that before when my husband forgot to pack ours ;).

We board Rhapsody on Tuesday. Yippeee.:D If you have any other questions let me know and I will reply when we get back.

Happy cruising.

How powerful are the hair dryers? We are cruising Radiance in January and if I can get away with not taking mine and using the one in the cabin I will. But, I like a strong hair dryer and usually ones in motels/hotels are just not strong enough.

Also, does anyone know if the south pacific islands prefer AUD or USD for purchases. Was thinking about getting the kids some money to spend on the islands (small notes) and was wondering which would be better.

Thanks

Leah

Hi Leah,

The hair dryers are similar to the ones you would get in a hotel. They are not powerful. It takes me 1.5 times more than it would at home to dry my hair. I do not take my hair dryer because I am usually up against the luggage weight for a flight!

I have not been to the pacific islands so can not help you on the currency question.

Shellie

Also, does anyone know if the south pacific islands prefer AUD or USD for purchases. Was thinking about getting the kids some money to spend on the islands (small notes) and was wondering which would be better.

Some islands have their own currency, but of the two you mention, AUD is definitely the most preferred.

We too are boarding R of S in Singapore on 29th March following it's refurbishment. I wonder, because this ship is cruising so much out of Australia these days, that they may install Australian power points in the cabins as part of the refurbishment. It would be good if it was.

How powerful are the hair dryers? We are cruising Radiance in January and if I can get away with not taking mine and using the one in the cabin I will. But, I like a strong hair dryer and usually ones in motels/hotels are just not strong enough.

Thanks

Leah

Hi Leah,

We have always taken AUS dollars, gave our children gold coins for the island children.(also we take things like tennis balls, toys, lollies for the kids to give out to the island kids, they get such enjoyment out of giving them out and seeing the island kids face light up..) If you have Aus dollars you will be safe..

Fiona:)

Thanks

Leah

Leah,

Not very powerful at all. On a RCI sailing earlier this year, we had interconnecting cabins and after a minute or two of using the dryer in our cabin it would cut out on me. Solution - run through interconnecting door and use the dryer in that cabin. It must have been hysterical watching me from the promenade cabins across the way. I'm sure they may have thought it was some sort of game :eek:.

We too are boarding R of S in Singapore on 29th March following it's refurbishment. I wonder, because this ship is cruising so much out of Australia these days, that they may install Australian power points in the cabins as part of the refurbishment. It would be good if it was.

I heard about this refurb but I was wondering if it really a full refurbishment? I read other forum and they said that it will be drydock for a month in singapore, it depart sydney on 16th feb, arriving singapore and then stayed there till 29th march. My hubby thinks it would not be enough time to do all the new fittings just general maintenance and cleaning. what do you guys think?

Hi

I disagree about the hair dryer. I got off the rhapsody yesterday, and was just in a basic cabin. (By the way, the entire cruise was fantastic). I took my hairdyer, which is very powerful, but as my daughter had it in her cabin, I used the ships one...it was much better than the usual hotel ones and I didn't even bother geting my dryer.I wouldn't take my own again

Michelle:rolleyes:

Hi

I disagree about the hair dryer. I got off the rhapsody yesterday, and was just in a basic cabin. (By the way, the entire cruise was fantastic). I took my hairdyer, which is very powerful, but as my daughter had it in her cabin, I used the ships one...it was much better than the usual hotel ones and I didn't even bother geting my dryer.I wouldn't take my own again

Michelle:rolleyes:

Hi Michelle,

are you going to do a review on your cruise...waiting for one of you guys to tell us all about the ports/excursions you went on. We do same cruise in 21 days!

Thanks .....Donna

Be aware that the Rhapsody does not have fridges in their rooms - if you need one you have to ask for it. Took us 2 days to get a working fridge when we went in April this year (my mother needed one for her medication and was offered ice instead!!!!!). The beds were also very average and when I requested another mattress was told there were none and they propped my bed up with towels - I was listing to the side and felt like I was going to fall out. Didn't enjoy this cruise as much as my others but then, it could have just been the crowd as a lot of other passengers were unhappy as well, including the crew. Preferred P&O and Princess.

I just slept in til 9.30am. The bed is fantastic. I also have a fridge in my cabin and a flat screen TV. I think they may have made a few changes through the year because when we were nboard in February we did not have a fridge or flat screen tv. We have a balcony cabin. Not sure if that makes a difference. I will ask a few others today and see if they have the same.

I must admit there are a few miserable passengers around. I think you will find them no matter what cruise line you travel with. Some people are happiest when they are miserable or complaining about it. I think to myself I am not working, I'm on holiday and I'm on a cruise. Life doesn't get much better than this!:p

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know about whether you can take soft drinks on board Rhapsody or not? I have heard mixed things but mainly from the US based cruises, not the Aussie ones. Also what soft drinks were offered and price per glass?

TIA

Tania

Archived