Anyone for December 17, 2005?

Howdy,

Who else is cruisin with us on december 17th, 2005 western?

This will be our 6th DC. There will be 15 of us this time.

Four are kids looking for new friends. girls, ages 14,6.

boys, ages 11,3.

These kids have cruised once before.

We have never done the western before, so would love some tips on the excursions there? Any suggestions or tips about them would be greatly appreciated.

mom x4,grandma x4:eek:

Our family--- grandparents, son and daughter-in-law, grandaughters 9 and 7 and grandson almost 2 will be sailing on this cruise. For my DH and I it will be our 15th cruise, but for the others, first time and second time for our son. It is the first Disney cruise for all of us.

We have done the western itinerary many times. Do not miss "Stingray City" in Grand Cayman. Great for all the family. We are looking for beaches in Key west and Cozumel. Our son is doing the internet research and will keep you posted as to what we are planning. We are using Captain Marvin in Grand Cayman.

Happy Cruising !!! MissAnn

Thanks for the information. Let me know about the beaches. We will have people from 3 to 52 years old, so lots of different people to please. We will do separate excursions so everyone will do exactly what they want. None of us has done the western itinerary before.

Thanks again,

mom x4,grandma x4

• 3 months later...

Yes,

We have been on 7 DCL cruises so far. #8, #9 and #10 are booked already and in Dec when we cruise we will be booking #11.

We have never brought our own stuff on board, but lots of people do bring beer and pop. You may have to call to double check in case anything has changed, but it used to be you could bring soft coolers that you can fold up, no hard walled coolers. No glass bottles to be brought on board. Cans or plastic containers were ok, but in your checked luggage, not carry on. You will have a small mini frig in your room to keep it cold. Room service will bring you ice if you want it. They generally dont advertise that you can bring some beverages on board, they really dont like it. Not suppose to bring food, unless it's baby food or special diets. I bring some sugar free cookies an dcandies for my hubby as he is diabetic and they dont have any sugar free snacks for when he gets a sweet tooth.

Now they have free pop available 24 hours a day on deck 9, so unless you hate coke products there is no need to buy pop to bring. I have seen people with their own beers on deck in a can. They use to have a beer mug you could buy on the first day and use throughout the trip for beers. I think it was x numbers of beers a day you got with it and so it was only pennies a day instead of $. Sorry I cant be more helpful but we both have medical problems where we cant drink, so not really up on it. I will look and see on my old papers and see if I can find the actual rules by DCL on the subject and I'll let you know what I find.

mom x4,grandma x4

Howdy,

I just read my paper work and it said the only coolers allowed were soft ones for medications or baby food to be stored in.

No open snack foods will be allowed to be taken on board.

No fast food or precooked food bought on the way to the terminal will be allowed on board.

Then it said unopened snacks must be stored in your room.

Which makes it sound like you can bring a few snacks in your checked luggage, but dont want others to see you eating it because they cant have it.

I have brought sugar free snacks several times and never been questioned about it. It never specifically mentioned beverages.

They do sell all kinds of snacks in the stores on board, large bags of chips are at Radar Trap, concession stand open by the Walt Disney theater in the evenings, sometimes they have a snack cart by the movie theater too.

Free food is available all day long in several locations. Ice crean, pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken strips and sandwiches wraps,fruit,pop, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, iced tea, taco's, burritos, etc... Other late night snacks are available by the night clubs in the evenings too.

If you have something special you wanted to bring I'd just call and ask to be sure.

mom x4,grandma x4

Howdy,

I just read my paper work and it said the only coolers allowed were soft ones for medications or baby food to be stored in.

No open snack foods will be allowed to be taken on board.

No fast food or precooked food bought on the way to the terminal will be allowed on board.

Then it said unopened snacks must be stored in your room.

Which makes it sound like you can bring a few snacks in your checked luggage, but dont want others to see you eating it because they cant have it.

I have brought sugar free snacks several times and never been questioned about it. It never specifically mentioned beverages.

They do sell all kinds of snacks in the stores on board, large bags of chips are at Radar Trap, concession stand open by the Walt Disney theater in the evenings, sometimes they have a snack cart by the movie theater too.

Free food is available all day long in several locations. Ice crean, pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken strips and sandwiches wraps,fruit,pop, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, iced tea, taco's, burritos, etc... Other late night snacks are available by the night clubs in the evenings too.

If you have something special you wanted to bring I'd just call and ask to be sure.

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks for the info. I've been following your discussion in another thread regarding the Pirate Night and have my wife pretty excited about it. She LOVES Pirates of the Carribean, so I think she'll do it.

Pirate's night is AWESOME!!!!

It is the best deck party we have ever been to.

My husband really isnt the type to dress up, he usually just looks at all the others, but after doing the Pirate's party ( he did wear a pirate t-shirt) he wants to dress like a pirate on the cruise! I was really surprized, but you get so caught up in the fun you want to join in completely. As far as I know everyone in our party is dressing up.

I hope you and your wife will join in the fun too.

mom x4,grandma x4

• 1 month later...

We are booked on this cruise also.

It will be myself (44), DH (47) and our 9 year old daughter. We have been on 3 other cruises as a family and have been to the western caribbean twice before.

This is our first Disney cruise.

We are from Miami, FL

Saw that some of you were interested in information on beaches in Cozumel. We are probably going to be going to Paradise Beach this trip. It is a nice beach on the leeward side of the island. They have clean bathrooms & changing rooms, lounge chairs, umbrellas, place to eat, etc. They even have water toys available for a nominal charge. It's one of the newer beaches in Cozumel and is quite nice.

Last trip we went swimming with the Dolphins in Chankanaab Park. They have a nice beach and lagoon area there as well and that is included in your price of admission to the park area. We had lunch/snacks beachside and DD and DH went snorkelling in Chankanaab lagoon and had a great time!

Whatever you do DON"T plan on going to a beach day on the other side of the island. It is very dangerous to swim there. The ripcurrents are dangerous even to experienced swimmers.

The beach in Grand Cayman that we went to, 7 mile beach, is quite nice

our cab driver dropped us off at a spot across the street from the Mariott. There was an outdoor little cafe/restaurant with a decent bathroom (not great, just decent). They had a place that rented water sports equipment and umbrellas.

DH and DD were able to wade out to the reef where they were able to do some great snorkelling! They took those little Kodak underwater cameras and got some great pictures.

This trip we're probably going to go to the Turtle Farm, at least thats where my 9 year old is begging to go!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Magicmike and family.

I hope more people will post with us as the cruise gets closer.

We are the grandparents traveling with dd31 dd 24 their spouses ,

gd's ages 6 and 14 gs ages 3 and 11

They grow so fast I think that is the right ages, at least within a year.

We just got back yesterday from a 3 day Wonder cruise so my brain is still on vacation mode.

We are from Kissimmee florida.

Hope to meet everyone on board.

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

Hello everyone,

Are any of you making door signs?

On the dis board site most people are making magnetic door signs to go on their doors. I have a couple of ideas on making one, but I'd love to hear any ideas you might have. I'm not a very creative person so I welcome any ideas or suggestions you might have.

Have any of you made a pirate outift for yourselves for pirate night? I know a person can buy them, but I'm thinking about making up my own. mosy of the female ones I've seen have full peasant style skirts with either a peasant top or a lacy sleeved top with and without a vest or satin sash tied around the waist. Some have striped beach comber style pants, and tops with a sash around the waist. Head bandanas or a store bought pirate hat. Being so close to halloween I found eye patches really easy. I'd love to hear any ideas you may have.

Sorry about the bold type, I must of bumped a button somewhere, but I dont know how to fix it.

Thanks for the ideas,

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am disappointed as I love Cozumel

Looks like a relaxing massage on the beach for me in Costa Maya (for only $20) while DD and DH go snorkelling. They did that last time we were there and loved it!

We will be on the Dec. 17th cruise also. My wife and I (39) will have a son (14) and 2 girls (9) and (12). This is our 2nd DC and we are so excited. Last time we did the 4 day cruise and we wanted more time on the ship versus the parks. We have booked a snorkle trip at Grand Caymen and considering the parasailing at Castaway Cay.

Can't wait to join everyone in almost 2 weeks!!!!

We are from Nebraska and are ready to escape this cold weather and hit the sun!

See you soon!!!

I have a 9 year old daughter too. She is in 4th grade. She's very excited about this cruise. It's her 4th cruise but her 1st Disney one....

We will be on the Dec. 17th cruise also. My wife and I (39) will have a son (14) and 2 girls (9) and (12).

Hi Everyone,

It is getting very close now, are all of you about ready to go????

Nebraska cruiser and Magic Mike I just wanted to let you know that there is a big cruise meet thread for our cruise on www.dcltribute.com

Please feel free to join us there. we are all meeting at 3 on the first day in the promenade lounge. Please join us. If you do a post on dcl tribute everyone will know who you are at the meet. If you dont only a few of us will be looking for you.

I will be wearing a short sleeve white button up shirt that will either have a picture of goofy in a tux on the back and 2 small picture of goofy on the front or a large picture of a happy donald duck on the back and 2 small pictures of donald on the front. I have gold wire rim glasses and shoulder length brown hair, 5 foot 6 inches tall and in my early 50's. If you see me, stop me and say hello!!!! We will probably arrive a the terminal around 10:30 so we will have lots of time to look for each other.

Does anyone else know what they will be wearing or anything distinctive you will have with you to help me to recognize you????

I always take all descriptions with me to the terminal and I look constantly to see if I can recognize anyone, and I continue once on the ship. It is so much fun to find people before the meet.

Looking forward to meeting you all very soon!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

Hi Everyone,

It is getting very close now, are all of you about ready to go????

Nebraska cruiser and Magic Mike I just wanted to let you know that there is a big cruise meet thread for our cruise on www.dcltribute.com

Please feel free to join us there. we are all meeting at 3 on the first day in the promenade lounge. Please join us. If you do a post on dcl tribute everyone will know who you are at the meet. If you dont only a few of us will be looking for you.

I will be wearing a short sleeve white button up shirt that will either have a picture of goofy in a tux on the back and 2 small picture of goofy on the front or a large picture of a happy donald duck on the back and 2 small pictures of donald on the front. I have gold wire rim glasses and shoulder length brown hair, 5 foot 6 inches tall and in my early 50's. If you see me, stop me and say hello!!!! We will probably arrive a the terminal around 10:30 so we will have lots of time to look for each other.

Does anyone else know what they will be wearing or anything distinctive you will have with you to help me to recognize you????

I always take all descriptions with me to the terminal and I look constantly to see if I can recognize anyone, and I continue once on the ship. It is so much fun to find people before the meet.

Looking forward to meeting you all very soon!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

Thanks for the link info to dcltribute!!! That has some great information on it. We will try to meet up with you on Promenade Lounge at 3:00 on the first day. I can't say for sure what I'll be wearing but my wife and I are both 39 and will have 3 kids with us. I will look for you on deck 3.

Can't wait till te day finally gets here!!!

Tom

Hi Tom and family.

I'm glad you found some of the information on dcl interesting. It is my favorite site because you can get the answer to just about any question you may have. If you decide on what any of you are wearing on that day by the time you leave, just post it and I will see it. We wont leave for the port until about 9:30 a.m. on the 17th. It usually takes about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes to get there from where I live. So I can check my mail right up to the day of the cruise. We will have 2 grandkids with us, I dont know the ages of your kids but Ana is 14 and Andy is 11, they have both cruised once before with disney and are very sociable kids with kids they dont know.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family on board.

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

Archived