Cabins now available

FrostyPeach

I've been reading on the RCCL thread of people saying that certain cabins/suites are now available. How do they know this? Do you have to go through a travel agent?

The cruise I am on Jan 21, 2012, I've been checking the website as if I'm making a new reservation. I am trying to get into a 6 person room with only 4 people, even when I say we're s family of 6, The site doesn't show that the cabin is available. However, when I check with my TA, she says the room still hasnt been released for a family of 4. Either it's sold and she's really not checking with RCI as she's saying, or I'm totally doing something wrong!

How do I see what other cabins are available for booking so I can see if I want to change cabins?

If you've already booked through a TA, you will HAVE to go thru your TA to make any changes....THEY own the reservation until you board. If you haven't booked yet, CALL RCI on the phone and (with the deck plans in front of you) ask what is available in the catagory you want. Quick and easy. The website only shows a few cabins at a time.

I am not sure but I think I have heard that the 6-people cabin have to be booked by a travel agent or with the cruise line. They are not shown in the display of cabins available.

Also, I think they are very strict in requiring 6 people to book the cabin.

Check with a TA or the cruise line.

Judy

You cannot book any more than four in a cabin online. If there are more than four, you have to book directly with the cruise line or via a travel agent. That's the reason why you're not seeing anything when you look online.

You have to have 5 people to book it.

This isn't necessarily true. I had one cabin booked, kept watching the website for price drops.. One of the family OV rooms opened up, and was at a lower cost than the room I had booked. I called RC and asked to be moved to that room. We were a family of 3. The room we ended up in was 7200 on Liberty of the Seas, back in early 2010. We also had an on board credit for switching to a bigger room at a cheaper price! Lucky I guess..maybe they don't do this anymore.

If you go on RC's website and pretend to do a new booking you will be able to see which rooms are open. It can change often.

Let me add, this was close to sailing time - with in 30 days of sailing.

Archived