upsells

lolmerry

Anyone have any info on upsells,what sort of price they ask for Im in o/v and if they offered me a upsell to balcony what sort of price would they ask for,,,Just wondering it might never happen:( who knows.Has anyone got any good upsells to share thanks

You did not say what ship and when, that can make a big difference. But with that being said the Up Sell offer from a Ocean View to a Balcony is extremely RARE. It actually hardly ever happens. Truthfully if you want a balcony you are best to book it even at the lowest price of a guarantee in VH or VF. The most comment up sell is for Superior Verandah Suite to a Deluxe Verandah Suite. Occasionally there are offers for Inside to Ocean View and very recently offers from Obstructed Ocean View to Non-Obstructed Ocean View.

The other very Rare offer is Balcony to Superior Verandah Suite, actually I do not think that has ever happened :D

You did not say what ship and when, that can make a big difference. But with that being said the Up Sell offer from a Ocean View to a Balcony is extremely RARE. It actually hardly ever happens. Truthfully if you want a balcony you are best to book it even at the lowest price of a guarantee in VH or VF. The most comment up sell is for Superior Verandah Suite to a Deluxe Verandah Suite. Occasionally there are offers for Inside to Ocean View and very recently offers from Obstructed Ocean View to Non-Obstructed Ocean View.

The other very Rare offer is Balcony to Superior Verandah Suite, actually I do not think that has ever happened :D

Thanks Lisa, I am sailing on the zaandam in jan,It was just a thought,Do you thk it is worth ringing the o/L travel agent we booked with to enquire about upsells or am i best to just wait and see,Any info greatly recieved thanks

We're one of the unlucky couples who have only gotten one upsell offer in 10 cruises on HAL. On top of that it was the full fare difference between our booked category and two above us. It would have doubled our cost so we turned it down. Unfortunately not everybody is offered the $99 per person wonder up sell. :rolleyes: :)

Thanks Lisa, I am sailing on the zaandam in jan,It was just a thought,Do you thk it is worth ringing the o/L travel agent we booked with to enquire about upsells or am i best to just wait and see,Any info greatly recieved thanks

It makes it a bit harder with the Zaandam which is a R class ship because there are so few Balcony cabins compared to the Larger Vista Ships. What I suggest is calling your TA and see if they can call HAL about moving up. But where the problem may be is that the Zaandam is in Asia and I am seeing that these sailings are pretty much closed.

We decided only a few weeks ago to take a cruise (Jan 2nd, Noordam) and nothing above an Oceanview was available. We did get a C stateroom, and we'll be fine with it, but we did note we were interested in an upsell (full price difference fine) and are following up with our TA regularly. We're not hopeful, but we have a fabulous location on the ship, and will plan ahead a bit further for our next cruise!

Good luck with the upsell fairy, keep us posted!

I was on the Eurodam in October. This was for a 12 day cruise.

5 days before sailing I was offered from an H-Oceanview to a VB - Veranda for $199.00 per person which I took.

4 hours later I was offered an upsell from a VB to a SZ-SS for $299.00 per person. It wasn't worth it to me. I am sure someone was happy though!

It happened to me in October. 5 days before sailing I was offered an upsell from an OV H category to a VB. About 4 hours later I got another upsell offer letter from a Balcony to a Superior Verandah Suite that I did not take.

Upsells do happen. We were offered an upsell in January on the Oosterdam. It was a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise. We booked a Cat G Partially Obstructed View cabin one month from sailing. A week later, we were offered an upsell to an Aft VA balcony for $49 PP. We took it faster than I could type this reply :D

You just never know. This year we have been in the right category at the right time. For our Princess 28 day Hawaii-Tahiti cruise, we also had a Partially Obstructed View cabin booked for 16 months. One month before sailing, we received a free upgrade to a balcony on the Aloha deck. We later talked with 8 other couples that had received the same upgrade from Partially Obstructed Views. That must have been the category that was selling like hotcakes. We lucked out!

Cheers, Denise

Archived