Grill (specifically burgers) on celebrity (century)

PAFC2004

Hi all

My first cruise with celebrity is a few weeks away. I am a burger nut, and am curious to know if anyone has anything to tell me about the burgers from the Grill on celebrity cruises (particularly the Century, if there is a difference between ships).

I'd love to know what is on offer, and what they are like (even other foods from the Grill). I hope they use "American Cheese", as no matter how hard I've tried, I can't find anything close in Australia!

Hi all

My first cruise with celebrity is a few weeks away. I am a burger nut, and am curious to know if anyone has anything to tell me about the burgers from the Grill on celebrity cruises (particularly the Century, if there is a difference between ships).

I'd love to know what is on offer, and what they are like (even other foods from the Grill). I hope they use "American Cheese", as no matter how hard I've tried, I can't find anything close in Australia!

We were on the Century in October and were addicted to the burger at the grill. I think they were Angus burgers. They had two grills so you didn't have to wait long to get one. They had the usual topping plus grilled onions, bacon, mushrooms and some other stuff. On other thing you might want to try is the stir fry. It is outstanding. There is always a line to get that. Yes they do use American Cheese on the burgers. :)

There is a singer on board named Jana Seale who we enjoyed very much. Plays guitar and sings and has a beautiful voice. I would cruise again to hear her.

Enjoy the Century who knows how long Celebrity will keep her.

We actually have found the grill disappointing lately. In the past, they used to grill burgers fresh. On our past 2 sailings, they precooked them and stored them in warmers and just put them back on the grill to heat them up.

They just don't taste the same when they do that. Fortunately, there are other great lunch venues.

We actually have found the grill disappointing lately. In the past, they used to grill burgers fresh. On our past 2 sailings, they precooked them and stored them in warmers and just put them back on the grill to heat them up.

They just don't taste the same when they do that. Fortunately, there are other great lunch venues.

I read another post from someone who said that when he finds this he asks them to grill one fresh for him. The downside will be a 10 min wait and possibly feeling like you're over demanding (I might not for that reason).

They were cooking them up fresh on solstice a few weeks ago. I think it just depends if they overanticipate the crowd rather than a set policy.

I waited for a fresh waffle a few times and they were very gracious. I wouldn't hesitate to ask for a freshly cooked burger.

Archived