Playing ipod through CC cabin tv

Retired civil servant

Hi everybody,

Can anybody tell me if you bring your own cable, can you plug and play your ipod through the CC cabin flat screen tv on Constellation?

I like to play my own music selection in the background over drinkies and canapes on the balcony before dinner.

Regards

Geoff C

Cambridge

UK

Probably not. Reports are that all the inputs are disabled. You are better off bringing your own mini-speakers.

Hi Retired Civil Servant,

What CRUISESTITCH says here is what I have heard previously as well... we are packing along a set of travel mini-speakers... you can pick them up at places like Best Buy, Future Shop or Staples for about $ 25 to $ 50 (depending on what make, configuration & quality)

Cheers!

Hi everybody,

Can anybody tell me if you bring your own cable, can you plug and play your ipod through the CC cabin flat screen tv on Constellation?

I like to play my own music selection in the background over drinkies and canapes on the balcony before dinner.

Regards

Geoff C

Cambridge

UK

The TVs are unfortunately hard wired for the interactive channels and the inputs/outputs are disabled. If you want a recommendation for a good quality docking station that fits neatly into its own pouch, gives pretty good quality sound and doesn't cost Bose money I bought this one a couple of years ago and have been really pleased with it. It goes with me on every cruise:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001G7PIHG

Phil

Hi everybody,

Regards

Geoff C

Cambridge

UK

I heard you can't but I brought my own cables anyway. No dice.

But as a backup, I did bring my super-duper-awesome Jawbone Jambox. It is a pricey little toy BUT it gives you excellent bang for your buck. I got it for myself and it is great. Here is why:

1. Uber portable

2. Terrific sound for a small speaker (it has a built in woofer)

3. Bluetooth = awesome. You can wirelessly connect your iphone, ipad or whatever device wirelessly to the speaker and play your songs. You can also use this speaker as a speaker phone. I tested it out and the calls sound great.

4 .You can also use a cable (that's included) to directly connect your ipod or any other device as well to the speaker

I brought this little toy with me and I used it frequently on the trip. It was nice playing songs through this speaker in the shower, living area and even the balcony during the cruise.

Link below:

http://www.amazon.com/Jawbone-JAMBOX-BLACKDIAMOND-Black-Diamond/dp/B004E10KI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323197986&sr=8-1

Before playing your music on your balcony, you might want to check with your neighbors. I spend A LOT of time on mine, alone, just reading and I would get almost as upset with somebody playing music I don't like on the next balcony as I would a smoker.

Before playing your music on your balcony, you might want to check with your neighbors. I spend A LOT of time on mine, alone, just reading and I would get almost as upset with somebody playing music I don't like on the next balcony as I would a smoker.

I wrote a reply along the same lines, but decided to sleep on it before posting - my language was not nearly as civil.

You've saved me from the inevitable flames! :) :D Thank you.

As long as it isn't played to loud most people wouldn't notice.

I'm going to trust that the OP will keep the music "in the background" as he posted. Trust in our fellow cruisers, peace on earth, goodwill toward man, and so forth.....

That's the way I read it. No music playing on my balcony either, just in the cabin at an acceptable volume level as background.

Phil

Archived