which ship??

coffeehit

We are planning a cruise in the Med Oct 2012 for our 25th wedding anniversary and cant decide on which ship....so far we have narrowed it down to HAL Noordam or Nieuw Amsterdam and Oceana Riviera but not sure about Azzamara or Crystal lines. We would prefer less children on board (as i am leaving mine behind) and also less smoking areas, as i have read that this can be a problem in some ships! Any suggestions, tips, ideas would be most helpful as we are new to cruising and this will be our very first cruise!!:)

We are planning a cruise in the Med Oct 2012 for our 25th wedding anniversary and cant decide on which ship....so far we have narrowed it down to HAL Noordam or Nieuw Amsterdam and Oceana Riviera but not sure about Azzamara or Crystal lines. We would prefer less children on board (as i am leaving mine behind) and also less smoking areas, as i have read that this can be a problem in some ships! Any suggestions, tips, ideas would be most helpful as we are new to cruising and this will be our very first cruise!!:)

Oceania has one of the strictest smoking policies at sea. This is one of the reasons why we are trying them next year in November. After a ton of research, we cannot wait to try this cruise line for the first time. They are also known to not have many kids since they are predominately an adult cruise line with no children's programs.

In general the longer the cruise the less children, especially if there are no school holidays during that time.

Oceana is very restrictive as to where you can smoke and starting in January HAL is more restrictive.

We're certainly not experts, as we've only cruised on four lines, but we love Oceania--fabulous staff, smaller ships, port intensive itineraries, no formal nights, all open seating dining, no charge for specialty restaurants, tourist office reps who get on at every port. Because there is no children's program, there are rarely children on board.

Just to throw in another choice. Princess will be banning smoking in all cabins and balconies next month. We are on three 12 night eastern Med cruises on the Crown Princess in October 2012.

As mentioned above, there are usually few children on cruises over a week long, especially when school is in session.

thanks for the info ..the Oceania is looking like the one to go with.....as this is our first cruise i am a bit nervous as to how i will handle being on the high seas.....what are the waters like in the med in October??? Also are there better positions of suites as in aft,mid etc..

don't forget Celebrity. They have some great Med itineraries and are basically no smoking. There are few children on Med itineraries especially during school terms. We love X and have been on the med itineraries and found the ports to be great. In the fall of 2012, their brand new still not completed ship- Reflection-will begin sailing the med.

look into X-- they are high-end but much less expensive than Oceania.

Oceania has one of the strictest smoking policies at sea. This is one of the reasons why we are trying them next year in November. After a ton of research, we cannot wait to try this cruise line for the first time. They are also known to not have many kids since they are predominately an adult cruise line with no children's programs.

You will absolutely love this line and it will be difficult to go back to mainstream cruiselines. :) Have a great time!

Archived