For those who have Cruised with Babies (esp)under 1..

parrotthead

Last tip, go to your license branch and get a state id for your child. It's about $7 bucks but makes a great piece of id to have if anything happened.

Have a great cruise enjoy your trip.

:)GingerBaby already has a PassPort (and PassPort Card)- we all do, I consider it as inportant for every Traveler to have as Cash...lol,

After his birthcirt was available, it was the First thing we did. He was going to be a Traveler from the GetGo, so *that * was a nobrainer...

**altho, I Agree for Any Child who Travels (and even if they dont) a State Issued ID is a Great Thing to Have, My Girls always had them, even before they had PassPorts(before PPs were 'required')--$19 in Texas

Agree with your statements; we did NCL Spirit with our 10 month old and it is a different kind of vacation. Very thankful we had the balcony otherwise I would have had a breakdown :) Will not cruise again until the little one turns 2 so we can have a more balanced vacation. (NCL doesn't offer any under 2 services). Employees on NCL were also great with the baby, many of them would talk to him and make faces. All in all we still had fun, but just be prepared that you may not get to do all you are used to.

We sat with a family on Oasis last week with a 2 year old (and a 7 and 9 year old). She said if she had to do it again, she would have left him home with granny.

The 2 year old flew in and didnt sleep on the plane, and screamed the first night at dinner. Upset a glass of chocolate milk one night and mom and 2 year old had to go change. used the silverware for a drum nightly.

My roommie said if they ever sit her with a family like that again, she will demand a change. We are part of a group. I like kids, but he was a handfull.

They finally bought a stroller for him the last port so they didnt have to carry him around. He as 26 months.

I was on a roll call with a 7 month old who was so much easier for the parents to deal with than a 2 year old who wanted to run and play.

Hey FireFly!!! :) (how the heck have ya been?)

wow. That sounds like it was quite an ordeal. (I think I would have ask to change..)

As you can iminage as much as we Travel, this little GingerBaby is already a Great Traveler... (Bless his heart, he has no choice)

:)

Hey Kandy, how the heck are you and Doreen doing? Congrats on the grandbaby.

Big hello to Wrona also. Haven't seen either of you posting in quite awhile. Is the Dawg lounge still open and going?

I became a great grandmother in April of 2010. Unfortunately, due to logistics, I don't get to see him too often. I'll see him for Christmas, can't wait.

Take care you two, and have a great cruise with the baby. Cheryl

Hey Kandy, how the heck are you and Doreen doing? Congrats on the grandbaby.

Big hello to Wrona also. Haven't seen either of you posting in quite awhile. Is the Dawg lounge still open and going?

I became a great grandmother in April of 2010. Unfortunately, due to logistics, I don't get to see him too often. I'll see him for Christmas, can't wait.

Take care you two, and have a great cruise with the baby. Cheryl

Cheryl!!! I miss ya! Congratulations on the GreatGrand (pup).. ;)

No, the DDD got blown up by 'someone' apparently.... :( so sad... but we still have our memories... (a lot of us are on FaceBook and keep up that way)

:) I am excited about taking the baby on the Cruise (woof) ;)

I was going to take him on the Magic with us last month, but Carnival wont let them sail less than 6mo old and he was 12 days shy of that...grrr...

Something else I forgot to mention that someone told me that was an absolute lifesaver!!! Go to Toys R Us and buy an inflatable bathtub - fits perfect in the bottom of the shower. SO much easier than trying to hold a slippery wet baby in the shower!!! Even my 4 yr old used it for a bath! Best idea ever!!!

Great! (thanks for the pics...that Really helped)

GingerBaby is our GrandBaby, but he lives with us, so we are well aware of the 'baby challenges" (lol) He has traveled with us wherever we go since hes been born (6 mos ago)... so hes an easygoing baby... sleeps wherever he is when he gets tired, is not shy or overwhelmed easily.

We are also considering taking our 11 yrold niece...she always wants to go with us when we travel. :)

So since the baby will be old enough (by Carnivals standards- 'over 6mo) then it will be a 'childs cruise' anyway... we Cruise about 4 times a year, so we wont feel like were 'missing anything' by having the children with us---been there, done that.

~did the steward 'make' the crb each day, or do I understand you did that?~

Just a thought looking at the pictures, (it looks like the baby is outside by himself, probably not but just in case) if the baby is on the balcony by himself make sure there is nothing out there that he can climb on. I am sure you know that they can move like lightening when you don't want them to and you would not want to risk him getting over the rail.

They were proactive in providing us with the purees. The dietician spoke to us first to ask about likes and dislikes. We declined with our daughter since she refused to eat solids even at age 1. I wore my under twos on the ships and it wasn't a hassle, just not as relaxing as a vacation should be. We travel very frequently with the kids and have since they were all newborns. Our kids are used to travel and do well, but they are still kids and will have their moments.

While we thoroughly enjoyed every cruise we have taken with them (our 4 year old daughter is about to embark on her 6th cruise outside my tummy), it is sooooooo much easier now that they are all old enough to go to camp and diaper free LOL If I had to do it all over again I would still cruise because I needed a vacation. However, if they were close to 2, I would have waited the few months. As I said before though, you go on enough cruises and want to experience one with your young grandson. You will likely enjoy it quite a bit - because you can give him back after a week ;)

Our kids have showered since they were infants. For whatever reason, my husband preferred to shower them (I think he thinks they get cleaner; even after a bath he will rinse them down with fresh shower water), so mine are very much used to the hand held showers. Never had an issue that there was no tub other than they like to play in the tub. If your grandson is used to showers, then he won't be too traumatized by the water coming down on him. If he isn't, it may freak him out. Maybe ask mom and dad to start introducing showers on occasion so he will be used to it before you leave.

Just a thought looking at the pictures, (it looks like the baby is outside by himself, probably not but just in case) if the baby is on the balcony by himself make sure there is nothing out there that he can climb on. I am sure you know that they can move like lightening when you don't want them to and you would not want to risk him getting over the rail.

Your Right! The Same thing crossed my mind. (and from the post, I thought this *may* actually have been the case. I too was concerned about the chair, table etc that a toddler could climb onto.

Our GingerBaby is still too young to be 'walking or cruising'...but even so, I'd Never leave a baby alone on the Balcony of a ship (or anywhere else) .. Good Advise for those who may not have considerd that tho...

:)

As I said before though, you go on enough cruises and want to experience one with your young grandson. You will likely enjoy it quite a bit - because you can give him back after a week ;)

Nope, he lives with us...so we have him FullTime. :) No "GiveBacks" :p

Maybe ask mom and dad to start introducing showers on occasion so he will be used to it before you leave.

(No Dad around)-->:rolleyes:

But, the GingerBaby LOVES the water, SplishSplash is his Favorite! No worries there.:)

We thought of that, but didn't feel he was in any danger. What you can't see in that picture is that the balcony divider was open and Grandma was on the other end.

The railings are high enough, though that if we had not had the room table there on the balcony (to save space), I would have felt comfortable having him out there alone - as he (a) only 10 months old, and (b) even standing on the chair, would still not be able to get high enough to hoist himself over the edge.

Now he's 3. No way would I leave him out there alone. That would likely turn out bad...

We thought of that, but didn't feel he was in any danger. What you can't see in that picture is that the balcony divider was open and Grandma was on the other end.

The railings are high enough, though that if we had not had the room table there on the balcony (to save space), I would have felt comfortable having him out there alone - as he (a) only 10 months old, and (b) even standing on the chair, would still not be able to get high enough to hoist himself over the edge.

Now he's 3. No way would I leave him out there alone. That would likely turn out bad...

:) Yeah for GrandMa!! :) Figured that yall had factored safety into it.. Glad you had a good time!

Hi!

We will be sailing out of Galveston on the Triumph in Jan/Feb with "the Traveling GingerBaby on the Go" - he will be 8/9mo old then.

My question today is:

**IF you have Cruised Carnival with a tinytot...

1)- How old was Baby when you Cruised?

6mo, 10mo, 11mo and 17mo (2 different children at these ages)

2)- Do You:

*Bring a Pack-n-Play for them to sleep in

*or*

*Use what the ship provides

(if so...What Does the ship provide?)

Ship - the white one in pictures on Carnival. (Pack and play on NCL)

3)- Did you use the Under2 services offered in CampCarnival?

(if so...how was that>?)

Any info?

We did not, but it is offered for a price on port days and at night after 10pm.

Ok - so others have said it is not restful - I personally disagree. I get 1-2 naps a day on vacation with my little one. Rather than run around doing everything.

I personally brought all my little guy's food. I made baggies with a disposable spoon, disposable bib, and my food items to feed him. I just did not want to risk upsetting his little tummy on vacation.

Ok about nightmares - personally my kids have been very good. We leave if they get loud. In fact a single traveler ended up at a table with us and another family. She was going to ask to change, but ended up staying all week because all the kids were so well behaved.

We had a very unbehaved child at our table. We did not care, but it made for a good lesson for our 3yo on how not to act and why.

Ok - so others have said it is not restful - I personally disagree. I get 1-2 naps a day on vacation with my little one. Rather than run around doing everything.

I personally brought all my little guy's food. I made baggies with a disposable spoon, disposable bib, and my food items to feed him. I just did not want to risk upsetting his little tummy on vacation.

Ok about nightmares - personally my kids have been very good. We leave if they get loud. In fact a single traveler ended up at a table with us and another family. She was going to ask to change, but ended up staying all week because all the kids were so well behaved.

We had a very unbehaved child at our table. We did not care, but it made for a good lesson for our 3yo on how not to act and why.

nice!!! :)

Archived