Interiors more expensive than balcony?

Nickles

Aren't interiors supposed to cost less than Oceanview balcony rooms?

I was perusing the RCCL website and I looked up my sailing. My category (D5) is sold out and so are the balcony categories under me. D4 and above are still available. They start at $1476 pp.

I checked the interior rooms and categories are sold out, but category L is $1469 pp and category PR is $1599 pp. I thought that interiors were supposed to be cheaper than balconies??

It's based on availablilty, how well one is selling, and promotions. If balconies are less, they are trying to promote that category....probably because interiors were selling better. As far as "supposed," nothing is "supposed." More like "usual."

Aren't interiors supposed to cost less than Oceanview balcony rooms?

I was perusing the RCCL website and I looked up my sailing. My category (D5) is sold out and so are the balcony categories under me. D4 and above are still available. They start at $1476 pp.

I checked the interior rooms and categories are sold out, but category L is $1469 pp and category PR is $1599 pp. I thought that interiors were supposed to be cheaper than balconies??

Usually that's true, but if they have excess of one type of category they may price it lower to get rid of some. This may last just a short time. If they have very few of another category, they may price it higher.

Often if balcony is less than inside it shows up as gauranty type. We almost had that on our TA in 2008 where we switched from inside to balcony gauranty because it was only $80/pp more for 12 nights. If the balconies had not then sold better the difference could eventually have made them less than an inside.

Archived