Do they really separate the 12-14 and the 15-17 on Navigator?

ddy123

I think this will be the first year my girls ages 12 and 15 will be using the kids programs. They usually like to hang with Mom and Dad but coincidentally my 15 year old has a friend going on our cruise who thank goodness also has a 12 year old sister. I am thinking it is now very likely they will spend a fair amount of time in the teen programs. Just curious if they actually keep the age groups separate and how they are able to do that? Thanks for any responses!

Yes...they will definitely keep 12 year olds separate from 17 year olds...and you wouldn't want it any other way! That's waaaay too big an age difference! Each age group has different activities and spaces. The 12 year olds will most likely really enjoy the organized activities....the older kids...not so much! The times are broken into chunks, so they can attend the things that interest them. I would imagine the older girls will be out and about by the pool most of the time!!! Or, hanging near the sports deck!

Yeah I wouldn't put much stock in that "definitely" ;)

The 12-14's and 15-17's were COMBINED on Grandeur. It all comes down to...how many kids are sailing in THAT age group on THAT ship during THAT week. :)

I've seen many parents of teens come back to report that they were combined.

So don't count any chickens yet. :D

HAHAHAHA...thanks Britney. Yeah, see how fast that "definitely" becomes a yeah not always. :D

Back when my son was a teen, they were combining teen groups during the day, so that was quite a while ago since my baby just turned 21 this week.:eek:

I have seen more than one person post compasses that were for 12-17 yr olds, no longer the seperate 12-14 and 15-17 groups.

Archived