Laundry detergent

vtwiggy

We're sailing on the Glory next week and I (as usual) am getting short on space in my luggage!

What type of laundry detergent is available for purchase in the laundry room? I am allergic to scented laundry detergent. Is just one type available or do they have a variety? I would like to lighten my load a little bit and just plan to do laundry, but it's not worth it if I'm going to be itching!

Thanks!

I hope what they launder the sheets & towels in won't bother you. If you are that sensitive maybe they can do something - put your linens & towels through an extra rinse? They jump through hoops for people with special dietary needs - an allergy is an allergy I say.

OK thanks.. I will check into the Purex stuff. If they have an unscented version of that, it would be perfect!

they do have the hypoallergenic stuff which has no scent.

I usually bring along extra dryer sheets too.

The Purex sheets are great - I get them in Walmart in the travel section of the health/hygeine isle. They usually have pack that have 2 or 3 sheets in them for like $1. They are flat so I just put them in my bathroom kit. Pack so easy!

I usually use non-scented laundry detergent and I purchased the purex 3 in 1 sheets for my last cruise. They were so highly scented that I unpacked them before leaving on the cruise and I was still smelling it several days later. They really gave me a headache. Hope they don't affect you the same way.

OK thanks.. I will check into the Purex stuff. If they have an unscented version of that, it would be perfect!

Don't know what part of VA you are in, but I've found the unscented Purex sheets at Target. Very easy to travel with - just toss a bunch in a ziploc bag. No worries about powder or liquid leaking and lighter weight. Throw it in and it works as detergent, then transfer to the dryer and it become a dryer sheet. They are up there on my top 10 travel inventions list. :)

You are worrying about the wrong stuff. You will probably not do any laundry on your cruise, no matter how good your intentions are. Do whatever you have to do to avoid doing laundry. You go on a cruise to avoid doing this type of thing.

MexicoBob

i too have highly sensitive skin....the linens have never bothered me. i think most hotels/cruise lines do not use any scent in their laundry for that reason.

i carry my own fabric sheets. i just toss them in my luggage zipper net compartment.

i also carry my own soap/shampoo. i will use zero soap before i use something other than my normal.

Sally's Beauty Supply sells great little travel size empty bottles (don't get the ones with the blue lids or purple-stick to the clear/white lids)

Archived