Ladies----What do you wear to board?

packedandready

Hi Lois,

Alaska is one of my favorite places to cruise! The capris usually work there too because it's 100+ here in Texas when I leave and usually in the 60's when I embark in Vancouver in the summer. No worries, though, whatever the weather, they put me in a festive mode for cruising!

I'm taking my 11th cruise next month and this will be my first solo! I'm so excited for the total freedom to do my own thing!

Hi, hope you have a wonderful time:) I have been cruising for 8.5 years

and all of them have been solo:D

I also love Alaska and have done that one 3 times. Twice out of

Vancouver and once out of Seattle.

Enjoy your "own time".......going solo is FABULOUS:D

Once I wore a bright lemon gauzy dress for pictures

In every one - the background appeared on my dress!!!! If there was a sunset behind us - there was a sunset on my dress.

Couldn't buy any of the pictures! But they were hilarious and they would not give them to us for free!

I always wear white capris to board. I doesn't matter what the weather is or where I'm going, my white capris always get me in the mood to cruise! A cute top and a hoodie that doubles as my casual outerwear on the ship, and I'm all set.

My very first cruise I wore a white skort and changed to white jeans for dinner and wore the same top. I was mortified when the waiter told me jeans were okay the first night but were not acceptable wear for dinner the other nights. ( I never wore shorts out to dinner even in the summer at home-but I would wear jeans) As we were unaware, we actually skipped dinner in the dinning room one evening as we had not brought enough dress clothing. (Afraid to repeat an outfit-we were afraid that was a no-no too!) LOL! Times have changed I doubt they would care if we wore swimwear now-as long as we had on a coverup.

I also had a cute pair of white jean capris I wore a lot in the past boarding. (Unfortunately I out grew them-now 30 pounds heavier than when I first started cruising-nothing I can do about that-my meds) I bought a pair of navy capris from QVC that have the girdle hold that I wore this last cruise boarding-love them! On me they are more cropped pants though-but after getting home I ordered them in white. Maybe I will wear the white boarding next cruise!

When I boarded in Tampa in Dec, I wore my sneakers (used for working out daily), shorts (wore a couple other times) and a cotton shirt (not a t-shirt though).

In my carry-on was my swim suit (could be worn under shorts and shirt) and a dress and flat sandals in case I needed them for dinner.

Archived