Panama Canal on the Jewel-Something New

RichNY

Our PC cruise originates in NYC and our first stop is Miami..Passengers will be able to board there too since its being sold from Miami also.This is different to us so I'm wondering if we will be able to get off the ship and visit Miami and how they will handle it..Any thoughts ???

Our PC cruise originates in NYC and our first stop is Miami..Passengers will be able to board there too since its being sold from Miami also.This is different to us so I'm wondering if we will be able to get off the ship and visit Miami and how they will handle it..Any thoughts ???

I would think it would be like most ports of call and that you can get on and off. There might be a separate process for "reboarding" so you are not mixed in with those doing original boarding.

Since the ship has not stopped yet at a foreign port, there are no customs/immigration issues. Since nobody is getting off (checking out that is), there are no cabin cleaning issues.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer some Miami excursions, everglades, city tour, etc. I'm sure they won't require you to stay on board until sailaway time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer some Miami excursions, everglades, city tour, etc. I'm sure they won't require you to stay on board until sailaway time.

Thats what caused my concern, no excursions offered for Miami on our cruise ..just all the other ports...

Thats what caused my concern, no excursions offered for Miami on our cruise ..just all the other ports...

Enjoy the canal trip. I'm planning to take the Jewel from LA to Vancouver at the end of your trip. I'd also like to do the NY-LA portion through the canal, but the price is more than I want to pay right now. We'll see if it comes down in the next few months.

Not to hijack, but you got me curious cause PC is on my bucket list. Looks like a great trip and the price is right...I am jealous! someday...

Archived