Favorite Princess Cruise Director

Bowlersbus

We are on the Island one week from tomorrow with Richard Joseph. Good to hear all the kudos and looking forward to this cruise even more now!

Hopefully you'll enjoy Richard as much as I did on a couple of cruises. On Veteran's Day he had a well attended memorial in the Princess Theatre. He had a relative (nephew?) killed in the Middle East so he knows the pain of losing someone close to him.

Ron Goodman has also been great on our cruises & I was disappointed to miss David Cole to Hawaii.

johnmik...........didn't Ron Goodman pick up our bar tab once? Guess he is my favorite, too.

Bucky,Why is it you can always remember who buys you a drink yet you struggle with your childrens names?And the answer is yes.He has a motto that if he is around and you are buying a drink with a black card,he buys!This might have changed with all the new elites.

Ron Goodman has been my favorite so far. We sailed with him back in 2009 on the Crown Princess. Not only were there great activities on the ship but Ron was one of the most visable CD's I'ver ever cruised with. He was everywhere. Plus, he always had a smile on his face. When he was up walking the open decks during the day he would stop and ask how your cruise was, etc. Really, I've never experienced a cruise director quite like him.

The most memorable ones for us was Richard Joseph and one named Neil Chandler who was on the Emerald somewhere around four or five years ago...He had a great Morning show called Wakey Wakey...I don't think he is with Princess any more...also one of our all time favorites was on Royal Carribean (our only RC cruise) and her name was Becky Thomson...a simply delightful British lady.

Neil Chandler was very good. I actually sailed with him on the Sapphire when he was Asst Cruise Director and then sailed on his first voyage as Cruise Director. He was definitely a character! I think I read he married and started working at a hotel in England somewhere so as not to be away from his new wife as much. Not sure if that's true but I seem to remember something along those lines.

The most memorable ones for us was Richard Joseph and one named Neil Chandler who was on the Emerald somewhere around four or five years ago...He had a great Morning show called Wakey Wakey...I don't think he is with Princess any more...also one of our all time favorites was on Royal Carribean (our only RC cruise) and her name was Becky Thomson...a simply delightful British lady.

Our favorite was David Cole, followed by Neil Chandler. Least favorite was Sam Hawker Thomas.

Neil had the best wake up show. I actually looked forward to turning it on in the morning. David Cole was all over the ship, participating in all sorts of activities. He was never too busy to take time to talk to passengers. We participated in lots of activities due to his energy. Sam Hawker Thomas just seemed tired the whole cruise. Maybe it was a bad week for her.

I have to agree about David Cole, he is always visible approachable and fun!

Neil Chandler and his Wakey Wakey Eggs and Bakey got us going in the mornings with a smile, I do miss him. Here's hoping Dave Cole stays with Princess a long time.

Dianne

I have had Frank Castignone [i spelt his last name wrong], Billy London, and Gavin Chandler.

By far, Gavin has won my vote. He has been the funniest so far.

I have heard Rich Joseph is amazing, hope I get to meet him one day!!!!

And who is Neil Chandler? I know Gavin Chandler... they related? Gavin's nickname? or just two complete different people?

I've heard a lot of good things about Neil too!

CD's don't make or break a cruise for me and I can't say I have a favourite but I certainly have enjoyed Sami Baker, I think she is at her best in her home state of Alaska. But I have also enjoyed Billy London, Ron Goodman, David Cole and Martyn Moss who did a great job narrating those videos of the Grand's drydocking.

JJ King was our absolute favorite but he has retired. He was the nicest guy always out and about talking to folks, did a great job and as a value added trait, he sang beautifully.

We also like Richard Joseph because he does such a good job and he too is very much a hands-on CD and the same goes for Ron Goodman.

Sorry to hear JJ retired, was hoping to run into him again. Kelvin Joy was wonderful on Sapphire Princess in April 2010. Always upbeat, generated good activities, personable, helped me present a gift to my wife, provided funny introductions to shows, very visible around the ship, truly cared about the passengers.

I'd have to say David Cole. He is one that comes to immediate recall...with a smile, and he is the one that I always compare to other CDs. I found him warm, genuinely sincere, and knowledgeable about all of the ports.

I've encountered another asst CD/CD three times, and I just can't warm up to her.

I like Billy London and his side kick Boogie. That morning show they did was fun!

We had Billy Hygate and Boogie on our Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago, they were great and we also loved the morning show. So.... maybe it's Boogie that is the great common denominator!

We've sailed twice with Ron Goodman and loved every minute of both cruises. As most have said he is very visible throughout the entire day and always willing to stop and chat with passengers. Sad that we will miss David Cole on our sailing to Hawaii in January.

Richard Joseph and David Cole in no particular order. Both were the best! We're going to miss David Cole on our Christmas Golden cruise as he has been switched from the Golden to the Sapphire. Can only hope Richard Joseph or David Cole will be on our 28-day SP cruise in 2013.

WOW - thanks so much. Seems like everyone really likes Ron Goodman.

I am so glad to hear there are Females that are amazing too.

I had Brett when we sailed Alaska last year. He had a side kick for the morning show and I think his name was Danny - they were gut splitting funny the whole week.

Archived