Coming back to ship after excursions

dec3ption

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I have searched!

Going out on a 5 day Western on FOS next week and have a question about Cozumel.

I am going to be doing the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab park first thing (10:30 I think). Afterwards, I would prefer to come back to the ship to get changed, maybe grab some lunch, and drop off all of my wet clothes. Will I be able to do this, and then leave the ship again to go out and shop and "enjoy" Cozumel in the afternoon?

Don't think this will be an issue, but wasn't sure if there was some bizarre policy that once you get back on the ship, you can't get back off in that port.

Thanks in advance :D

We will often go out for an excursion in the morning and then come back on the ship to grab something to eat and change clothes before heading back out for the rest of the day. It's not a problem at all. Really easy, in fact. As someone else mentioned, the exception to this would be if the ship is anchored vs. docked at the pier.

We have actually done the very thing you are wanting to do on several occasions. Have seen recent reports at Cozumel, however, that there were long security lines for cruisers to get back onto ships. I believe it was the Mariner and the Oasis that were docked with only two security lines open and the local authorities were being thorough and taking their time. Posted on CC the captain of the Mariner at his Captain's Corner talk stated he wasn't happy and was going to be talking to corporate to make this work better. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time.

Even if your ship is tendered, you can still come back to ship and out again. As was mentioned, it is more of a challenge when you have to tender, but it can work.

Only have had to tender once in Cozumel and that was on a Christmas cruise where the dock had been destroyed by a hurricane the previous August. Dock was soon rebuilt and never had to do that again.

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I have searched!

Going out on a 5 day Western on FOS next week and have a question about Cozumel.

I am going to be doing the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab park first thing (10:30 I think). Afterwards, I would prefer to come back to the ship to get changed, maybe grab some lunch, and drop off all of my wet clothes. Will I be able to do this, and then leave the ship again to go out and shop and "enjoy" Cozumel in the afternoon?

Don't think this will be an issue, but wasn't sure if there was some bizarre policy that once you get back on the ship, you can't get back off in that port.

Thanks in advance :D

I did the dolphin encounter came back to the ship changed, had lunch and spent the remainder of the afternoon in Coz. I was on NCL, couldn't imagine RCI being different. :cool:

Archived