Forms for Traveling with(other peoples) Minor Children

parrotthead

We are taking our GrandBaby <will be 8mo>,(who lives with us- but we do not have gaurdianship of, Mumsa lives with us too, but is not going on cruise) and our Niece<11yrs> with us in Feb, on the Triumph. I know we can just take a notorized 'letter' from GB's Mumsa and Nieces' Parents, but I think I remember Someone posting an actual Form a while back... Does anyone have such a document? Or even a Sample Letter?

Hopefully this would also include the Consent for Medical Treatment.

Any Help, Please?:)'

Along with the form, I make photocopies of the insurance card and include phone numbers for doctors, dentists, etc.

I've written nice legal looking forms and had them notarized, and I've also forgotten, and instead hand written notes on napkins from the airport consession stand - either way, generally stating that my parents had permission to travel with my kid(s) and to seek medical care if necessary. If you are leaving the country, you'll need a much better form than if you were only traveling domestically. Also, you'll probably want both parents to sign the form. There are some good forms that I've found online. I usually look at several and edit a new version to suit my needs.

If the grandchild's biological father has any kind of rights to the child, he will also have to grant permission in writing. Short of that, you'd have to get a court order to take the baby if the father won't sign.

No Worries, Daughter is the ONLY name on BirtCirt. :)

No Worries, Daughter is the ONLY name on BirtCirt. :)

You might want to double check with the State Department / cruise line and see if this is sufficient. My best friend traveled to Japan last year to visit family with her daughter, and even though she was the only parent listed on the birth certificate, JAL asked for verification that she had the father's consent to take her daughter out of the country. Luckily she had all of her custody information with her (she legally obtained full custody of her daughter because the father was...not a good influence). Cruise lines might not be as stringent, but you'd hate to get there and then not be able to board.

You might want to double check with the State Department / cruise line and see if this is sufficient. My best friend traveled to Japan last year to visit family with her daughter, and even though she was the only parent listed on the birth certificate, JAL asked for verification that she had the father's consent to take her daughter out of the country. Luckily she had all of her custody information with her (she legally obtained full custody of her daughter because the father was...not a good influence). Cruise lines might not be as stringent, but you'd hate to get there and then not be able to board.

If a Child only has One Name on the Birth Cirt then that Parent automatically has Full Legal Custody.

The Child has Only One Parent, there Is No Father.

If a Child only has One Name on the Birth Cirt then that Parent automatically has Full Legal Custody.

The Child has Only One Parent, there Is No Father.

Different states have different laws, and this is not correct. Mom not listing Dad on the BC does not take away any of his parental rights. He's still the dad, and she does not automatically get "full legal custody" for life. I know in Texas, if that's where your daughter's child was born, dad can only be on the BC if mom and dad are married, or if dad voluntarily signs an Acknowledgment of Paternity form, or by a court order. But, because dad didn't do this at the time of birth, doesn't mean he gave up any parental rights.

All dad has to do is ask the court for a "finding of paternity"which means he just has to request a paternity test. Dad can do this at any time.

Different states have different laws, and this is not correct. Mom not listing Dad on the BC does not take away any of his parental rights. He's still the dad, and she does not automatically get "full legal custody" for life. I know in Texas, if that's where your daughter's child was born, dad can only be on the BC if mom and dad are married, or if dad voluntarily signs an Acknowledgment of Paternity form, or by a court order. But, because dad didn't do this at the time of birth, doesn't mean he gave up any parental rights.

All dad has to do is ask the court for a "finding of paternity"which means he just has to request a paternity test. Dad can do this at any time.

Thank you for your input, however, this is NOT a concern. There Is No Father....(IM not going to get into the 'nittygritty' of this, but there is NOT always a 'dad'...)

Archived