Upset with the Royal Caribbean "low-price" guarantee

Isail2011

I'm a first time Royal Caribbean customer. I booked my cruise yesterday. Found a lower price for the same ship, same sailing, and same category of cabins within an hour of booking. They will not lower my price or give me any on board credit. Today, I found the price drop again. I called them again. They have a “48 hours best price guaranty”. I'm very upset that they push me around and not honoring the promise. RCL told me that since I booked through a website, the travel agent of that site will be able to help me. The travel agent told me that RCL will not allow them to give me any credit or upgrade. They are not even willing to move my two cabins next to each other. I have the proof that they have the cabins available and selling at a lower price. Although I caught them selling the same cabin at a lower price within 48 hours of my booking, twice!!!, I was told that I'm stucked with the high fare I paid. I would like to know if anybody has the same experience. How could you resolve this? Any feedback or ideas is greatly appreciated.

:mad:

I'm a first time Royal Caribbean customer. I booked my cruise yesterday. Found a lower price for the same ship, same sailing, and same category of cabins within an hour of booking. They will not lower my price or give me any on board credit. Today, I found the price drop again. I called them again. They have a “48 hours best price guaranty”. I'm very upset that they push me around and not honoring the promise. RCL told me that since I booked through a website, the travel agent of that site will be able to help me. The travel agent told me that RCL will not allow them to give me any credit or upgrade. They are not even willing to move my two cabins next to each other. I have the proof that they have the cabins available and selling at a lower price. Although I caught them selling the same cabin at a lower price within 48 hours of my booking, twice!!!, I was told that I'm stucked with the high fare I paid. I would like to know if anybody has the same experience. How could you resolve this? Any feedback or ideas is greatly appreciated.

The reps at RCI can't help you since you booked with a TA. You need to take it up with your TA.

I did talked to the agency many times. They told me that RCL does not allow them to. All they did was talking to RCL and try to get an authorization. They claim that they can not get.

Unless it's a tuesday special you should be able to get the price drop, I think you TA is stopping it, call your TA and ask for a 3 way with RCI, that way you'll know for sure

On hold for hours!!! TA let me hold for an hour and did not get a three way. Call RCL myself. Push around for three hours! :mad: I gave up for thr three way. It does not worth to do any business with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

It is your TA who is pushing you around. Insist that they get on the phone with RC then ADD you to the call.

On hold for hours!!! TA let me hold for an hour and did not get a three way. Call RCL myself. Push around for three hours! :mad: I gave up for thr three way. It does not worth to do any business with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Are you blaming RCI or your TA? RCI won't help you if you booked through a TA. If your TA is giving you the run around you need to speak to a supervisor.

:mad:TA says that Cruise line would not allow them to. The cruise line says that I need to deal with the TA. I truely think it is the Cruise line's policy problem, not the TA if he/she has to get the permission to do anything. I can not cancel now. They said that I can cancel within 24 hours. Then the supervisor says that I can not cancel without paying the full price anyway. I paid them already. Everybody screwd up. My vacation is already ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The TA is the problem. Best advice is to cancel with the TA, and book directly with RCCL. I always make our reservations by phone directly with RCCL. I got two price drops last year, just called in and they did them for us. For my upcoming cruise I've gotten one price drop so far last weekend. This is the reason I do not use a TA.

This past summer when I found my second drop I let the others in my roll call know. The ones who had booked directly with RCCL were able to get the reduction. The two families that had gone through TA's were not able to.

:mad:TA says that Cruise line would not allow them to. The cruise line says that I need to deal with the TA. I truely think it is the Cruise line's policy problem, not the TA if he/she has to get the permission to do anything. I can not cancel now. They said that I can cancel within 24 hours. Then the supervisor says that I can not cancel without paying the full price anyway. I paid them already. Everybody screwd up. My vacation is already ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line....You're dealing with a bad TA that's not looking out for the customer.

TA did not ask me to call RCL. I was on hold for hours and tired of waiting for the three way. I called RCL directly and was pushed around several times. That cost me three hours!!! I timed it. I was thinking about hanging up, but did not give hope. I was stupid to believe that they can do something for me, in fact they would not!

Two days of fighting, got nothing they promised. I feel being ripped off completely. If you do not want to have a best price policy, please do not advertise for it. This is all happened within 24 hours!!! I did not even ask them to refund me the difference. If they can do a little bitty to move my cabins together, I will be very happy. They had the same cabins available and sell them at a lower price. They told me if I ask for put two of my cabin together, that will cost me more. Feel so bad for how I was treated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TA did not ask me to call RCL. I was on hold for hours and tired of waiting for the three way. I called RCL directly and was pushed around several times. That cost me three hours!!! I timed it. I was thinking about hanging up, but did not give hope. I was stupid to believe that they can do something for me, in fact they would not!

Two days of fighting, got nothing they promised. I feel being ripped off completely. If you do not want to have a best price policy, please do not advertise for it. This is all happened within 24 hours!!! I did not even ask them to refund me the difference. If they can do a little bitty to move my cabins together, I will be very happy. They had the same cabins available and sell them at a lower price. They told me if I ask for put two of my cabin together, that will cost me more. Feel so bad for how I was treated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He might be able to help

What ship and what week?

Jimbo

I cannot fathom why your TA did not tell you (or do it for you) to fill out the Best Price Guarantee form online. If the price drop is in the same category, same ship and sail date and not for "new bookings only" and takes place within 48 hours of booking (if you have to pay in full right away) then you qualify for 110% of the difference in obc.

You have an inept TA.

They will not let me cancel it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: They have my money!!!:mad::mad:

Where do you live? The rules are not the same in every country.

Royal Caribbean won't deal with you because that is how the entire cruise industry works. Once you book with a travel agent, the agent "owns" the reservation, and the cruiseline will only deal with the TA. Your TA is messing up, not RC.

Another strange thing, if they have cabins next to each other in the same catagory as you booked, then there has never been a price increase to move cabins, once again it seems to me that if you moved cabins, in the same catagory, and the price was now lower, the system would update the price when the change occured and your TA would loose commision, the main reason they are not willing to help you. What are the cancelation terms for your TA?

Archived