luggage tag holders

lolmerry

HAL sells two types here:

https://shops3.directedje.com/HALstore/catalog.asp

I do NOT recommend the "Historical Poster Tags" as they are not sturdy. They are stiff plastic and are broken off easily. We got four for free when they first came out (mailed out in some Mariner magazines), and have lost two already.

Have you considered Cruise Critic luggage tags here?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/

I'e been lucky and so far the 'historic tags' have held up well for us. I don't use them on the airplane but put them on before we go to the ships. I haven't lost any....... yet.

I also have a bunch of Cruise Critic tags I really like. They are more the style of the 'historic' HAL tags than the one that are currently for sale on the CC site linked by John. They also have stood up well, so far.

We have such a huge stack of Maasdam tags accumulated through the years and seeing we are almost always in the same cabin, we use the tags that HAL used to supply when going to that ship. :) They have stood up to repeated uses and I miss that HAL no longer issues them.

Two years ago I made my own plastic folders for HAL's paper luggage tags -- taped them shut -- punched holes where it indicated you are to staple.

When we are ready to leave the hotel I use cable ties to attach the tags to our suitcases.

I have been using these same holders for over 2 years on several cruises.

Funny thing about the tags HAL sells online is that the routing tags you print with your documents don't fit in the pouches.:rolleyes: So common wide clear packing tape sold at Walgreens or any harware store applied to each side, a simple kids hole puncher and some nylon wiring ties seem to work well for me dockside. Not pretty, but it seems to get my luggage to my stateroom!;)

Funny thing about the tags HAL sells online is that the routing tags you print with your documents don't fit in the pouches.:rolleyes: So common wide clear packing tape sold at Walgreens or any harware store applied to each side, a simple kids hole puncher and some nylon wiring ties seem to work well for me dockside. Not pretty, but it seems to get my luggage to my stateroom!;)

AWWWW. I was planning to use the nostalgic plastic luggage tags they sent me a while back to hold my printed "tag". Too bad, I guess I'll go back to what works, packing tape and twist ties, just not as pretty. I carry the nylon cable ties for fixing luggage closures or shoulder tote shoulder strap rings that come open. m--

AWWWW. I was planning to use the nostalgic plastic luggage tags they sent me a while back to hold my printed "tag". Too bad, I guess I'll go back to what works, packing tape and twist ties, just not as pretty. I carry the nylon cable ties for fixing luggage closures or shoulder tote shoulder strap rings that come open. m--

I use the 'historic' tags HAL sent out and they work fine. Just trim the printed tag information the littlest bit and it fits the tag perfectly. A slight trim is all that is required.

It's obvious (to me) but you don't need all the layers of paper if you are using the tags. Just one thickness, with the information, is all you need to slip into the tag.

Funny thing about the tags HAL sells online is that the routing tags you print with your documents don't fit in the pouches.
:confused:The blurb for the Frequent Traveler tags says

"Your personalized Holland America luggage tags slip right inside the plastic cover designed to protect them from the elements. Sold in a 2-piece set."

You can't trim the tags you print a little bit and make them fit while keeping the important info showing? :confused: I was considering buying them when the last of our "Historical Poster" tags are gone.

I just used three of those tags on our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise and what we printed trimmed perfectly to fit in the historial poster tags. We lost none of the information.

Yes, I know - we use the Historical ones now. I wanted to know about the other kind - whether a trimmed tag would fit or not.

Archived