C&A Diamond Balcony discount ?

I have a Next Cruise Certificate I want to use for 2 cabins on Allure. I will be Diamond after my upcoming Jewel cruise. My understanding is that my husband and my kids (under 18) will also " become" Diamonds when I do. My question is...If I use my Next Cruise to book those two cabins for all of us ( all immediate family) do I get the Diamond Balcony discount on BOTH cabins?

Can my kids get the discount? Or is it better to book my husband in one and myself in the other cabin to enjoy the discount on both cabins.

Any advice most appreciated...I've done a lot of cruising ( and other travel) but boy, till I found CC, I did not know nuthin' about how to maximize booking discounts :D

TIA

I have a Next Cruise Certificate I want to use for 2 cabins on Allure. I will be Diamond after my upcoming Jewel cruise. My understanding is that my husband and my kids (under 18) will also " become" Diamonds when I do. My question is...If I use my Next Cruise to book those two cabins for all of us ( all immediate family) do I get the Diamond Balcony discount on BOTH cabins?

Can my kids get the discount? Or is it better to book my husband in one and myself in the other cabin to enjoy the discount on both cabins.

Any advice most appreciated...I've done a lot of cruising ( and other travel) but boy, till I found CC, I did not know nuthin' about how to maximize booking discounts :D

TIA

If you have created 1 NextCruise booking then you can only convert it to 1 cabin. You will get the balcony discount on the 1 cabin plus the OBC when you convert your NC to a specific cruise.

If you got a Certificate for Family and Friends when you created your NC, then you can use that for the cabin for your children and receive the balcony discount and OBC. The Certificate for F&F must be used within 30 days of when you convert your NC to your Allure sailing.

Doh! Sounds like I did the wrong thing then...the LA was so busy and I'm still new to all this onboard stuff. I only got the next cruise, but should have got the friends and family...I guess I wasn't thinking of my kids as someone to "recruit" to a cruise! Anyway, I'm pleased to hear that both cabins will qualify for the Diamond Balc discount, that's the piece that will make the biggest difference for a family of 4 in two cabins, we don't usuaLly spend too much onboard anyway, though I'm sure we could find something!

Thank you for your info Patti- one more question...does the discount apply to Oasis and Allure CP and Boardwalk balconies too?

Doh! Sounds like I did the wrong thing then...the LA was so busy and I'm still new to all this onboard stuff. I only got the next cruise, but should have got the friends and family...I guess I wasn't thinking of my kids as someone to "recruit" to a cruise! Anyway, I'm pleased to hear that both cabins will qualify for the Diamond Balc discount, that's the piece that will make the biggest difference for a family of 4 in two cabins, we don't usuaLly spend too much onboard anyway, though I'm sure we could find something!

Thank you for your info Patti- one more question...does the discount apply to Oasis and Allure CP and Boardwalk balconies too?

"Any" balcony catagory is eligible...

The LA should have automatically included your Certificates for F&F when you created your NC. :o However, it's been posted here on CC that on some ships they are not giving the paper certificates out anymore but just enclosing a slip of paper or just telling you that it is linked to your NC booking number when you activate it.

I would call C&A at 1-800-526-9723 and explain that you are new to NC bookings and just learned of the Certificates for F&F and wonder if, since you didn't actually receive paper copies, if you happen to have two linked to your booking number. Never hurts to ask. Let us know what happens.

Patti, Thanks! I will check the emails again..since I dropped off my form, the LA sent emails home, maybe they are there and I didn't need to request anything special? I will call and promise to report back...you always have spot on advice, so I know you will want to know for sure how it turned out!

Patti, Thanks! I will check the emails again..since I dropped off my form, the LA sent emails home, maybe they are there and I didn't need to request anything special? I will call and promise to report back...you always have spot on advice, so I know you will want to know for sure how it turned out!

You are more than welcome. It's unfortunate that there is no consistency among ships.:(

Whether you got the certificates or not, you can bring 2 cabins with you and get the OBC and if they are eligible, the balcony discount.

You just have to have the other 2 cabins booked within 30 days. After everyone is booked, call C&A and they'll take care of it after you tell them you never got the family and friends certificates

Thanks all! I have to call anyway to straighten out a double cover charge at Giovannis ( note to self, check slips before DH, who doesn't do the advance planning, signs them!). Luckily I have both reciepts. I was hoping to call today, but our power was out all afternoon, so now it's on tomorrow's list.

I called the CVP (Susan)at RCI today and booked a Boardwlk Balcony for the kids and an OV balcony for ourselves directly across the hall on Allure in 2013, using the NC booking # for our cabin. The Reservationist put a note that we wanted to get the Friends and Family, but didn't get them or know to ask, as the LA was quite busy and we just dropped off the form during our Oasis cruise last week.. I was told this should be no problem, and the OBC would likely be applied to both bookings. She assured me I can call C&A after my Jewel cruise and get the Diamond Balcony/Suite discount applied to both cabins. She transferred me to C&A ( Shannon) who confirmed that the note was in there about the missing F&F certificates, but we wouldn't likely see either OBC credited till much closer to the cruise. I'll keep checking on that.

I do have to make sure I get my kids signed up on C&A as soon as I can during or after the Jewel Cruise, as my oldest will be 18 in Sept before the Allure cruise and to get my status she needs to be under 18. This will be a nice parting gift to her, so she can enjoy that as she goes on her honeymoon one day.:) I know this part of the program bugs some people; but look at it this way...I never go to repeaters parties and have a free drink or take home tchokes, or had a pin, so this is how I get the " value" from my C & A status!;)

In other news; I was transferred to the Past Cruise department who made an adjustment for the double charge for the Giovannis cover charge. FYI, she explained (Katlyn) that it's a good idea to specifically mention you have already paid the cover charge to the server. I did tell the host we had a reservation, but that was not enough to prevent the mix up.

Much thanks to those of you who provided good advice!

I called the CVP (Susan)at RCI today and booked a Boardwlk Balcony for the kids and an OV balcony for ourselves directly across the hall on Allure in 2013, using the NC booking # for our cabin. The Reservationist put a note that we wanted to get the Friends and Family, but didn't get them or know to ask, as the LA was quite busy and we just dropped off the form during our Oasis cruise last week.. I was told this should be no problem, and the OBC would likely be applied to both bookings. She assured me I can call C&A after my Jewel cruise and get the Diamond Balcony/Suite discount applied to both cabins. She transferred me to C&A ( Shannon) who confirmed that the note was in there about the missing F&F certificates, but we wouldn't likely see either OBC credited till much closer to the cruise. I'll keep checking on that.

I do have to make sure I get my kids signed up on C&A as soon as I can during or after the Jewel Cruise, as my oldest will be 18 in Sept before the Allure cruise and to get my status she needs to be under 18. This will be a nice parting gift to her, so she can enjoy that as she goes on her honeymoon one day.:) I know this part of the program bugs some people; but look at it this way...I never go to repeaters parties and have a free drink or take home tchokes, or had a pin, so this is how I get the " value" from my C & A status!;)

In other news; I was transferred to the Past Cruise department who made an adjustment for the double charge for the Giovannis cover charge. FYI, she explained (Katlyn) that it's a good idea to specifically mention you have already paid the cover charge to the server. I did tell the host we had a reservation, but that was not enough to prevent the mix up.

Much thanks to those of you who provided good advice!

Check in 1 week. Your next cruise OBC should be applied to both cabins

Archived