d+ bogo restaurant

sailnsee

Just to note ... the coupon is only good for the first night.

Not always...........On the FR,they let us use it any night..:) The restaurants were so empty,I think they were desperate for customers..

They will credit your SeaPass Account for one dinner after you have turned in your coupon.

In theory that is how it works :-)

Just off the 12 night Enchantment Cruise yesterday, I'll try my best to sit down and type out my overall thoughts...overall excellent cruise on an excellent cruise, but the BOGO coupon was a nightmare!

We booked two nights in Chops for the cruise and paid before hand. When we got to the cabin the welcome letter said the coupon was valid all cruise...great!

The first night in Chops the server had no clue about the coupon in general, we had the letter, and our confirmation showing we paid for two covers already. The manager of Chops said he understood, and would take care of it. We checked our onboard account the next day...there were two charges for $30. I talked to the person at the purser's desk (yes I know it is now called guest relations...to me it will always be a pursers desk :-) ). The purser suggested it was probably best to visit chops and have them resolve it. That night I go to chops talk to the manager, he apologized and promised to credit the two $30 charges, plus the BOGO coupon....the next day, a $60 credit but not the BOGO credit....grrrrrrrr a day or two later we finally got the $30 credit for the BOGO coupon.

Our second night in Chops was just as hard to get the BOGO credit, confusing things even more were all the charges and credits from the first night's visit. At this point I just wanted to get the charges credited back and we'd deal with the BOGO later.... In the end I had got someone senior at the pursers desk, printed out our onboard account, brought my confirmations for the prepaid covers and started out laying out all the charges, credits, etc...

In the end I was discretely advised, "if you are a table for two in the future I would HIGHLY suggest ONLY booking 1 cover at your desired time and we could avoid this going forward! If the coupon is valid all cruise you'll have no issues, if it isn't than just a one person charge."

Just another reason to check your onboard account frequently!

In theory that is how it works :-)

Just off the 12 night Enchantment Cruise yesterday, I'll try my best to sit down and type out my overall thoughts...overall excellent cruise on an excellent cruise, but the BOGO coupon was a nightmare!

We booked two nights in Chops for the cruise and paid before hand. When we got to the cabin the welcome letter said the coupon was valid all cruise...great!

The first night in Chops the server had no clue about the coupon in general, we had the letter, and our confirmation showing we paid for two covers already. The manager of Chops said he understood, and would take care of it. We checked our onboard account the next day...there were two charges for $30. I talked to the person at the purser's desk (yes I know it is now called guest relations...to me it will always be a pursers desk :-) ). The purser suggested it was probably best to visit chops and have them resolve it. That night I go to chops talk to the manager, he apologized and promised to credit the two $30 charges, plus the BOGO coupon....the next day, a $60 credit but not the BOGO credit....grrrrrrrr a day or two later we finally got the $30 credit for the BOGO coupon.

Our second night in Chops was just as hard to get the BOGO credit, confusing things even more were all the charges and credits from the first night's visit. At this point I just wanted to get the charges credited back and we'd deal with the BOGO later.... In the end I had got someone senior at the pursers desk, printed out our onboard account, brought my confirmations for the prepaid covers and started out laying out all the charges, credits, etc...

In the end I was discretely advised, "if you are a table for two in the future I would HIGHLY suggest ONLY booking 1 cover at your desired time and we could avoid this going forward! If the coupon is valid all cruise you'll have no issues, if it isn't than just a one person charge."

Just another reason to check your onboard account frequently!

I can't believe that they still haven't gotten it right on Enchantment. :( We did a consecutive cruise last April and we had the same problem. Friends of ours who pre-booked also had problems.

When we used our BOGO coupons on the first night, we also ran into the same situation as you did. They had no clue as to how to enter it into the computer. We had 6 couples at our table and we were all using our BOGO coupons and it took them 30 minutes to figure out our bill.:eek:

You stated that you tried to use your BOGO coupon on your second visit. I thought that the BOGO coupon was only allowed to be used on the first night. :confused:

On our recent cruise on Radiance, we had no problems.

I can't believe that they still haven't gotten it right on Enchantment. :( We did a consecutive cruise last April and we had the same problem. Friends of ours who pre-booked also had problems.

When we used our BOGO coupons on the first night, we also ran into the same situation as you did. They had no clue as to how to enter it into the computer. We had 6 couples at our table and we were all using our BOGO coupons and it took them 30 minutes to figure out our bill.:eek:

You stated that you tried to use your BOGO coupon on your second visit. I thought that the BOGO coupon was only allowed to be used on the first night. :confused:

On our recent cruise on Radiance, we had no problems.

This particular cruise the coupon was valid all cruise, not just the first night. We were both D+ so we had two coupons to apply to our two reservations.

It is even worse that we weren't the only people we met onboard that had the same issue getting the refund!

This particular cruise the coupon was valid all cruise, not just the first night. We were both D+ so we had two coupons to apply to our two reservations.

It is even worse that we weren't the only people we met onboard that had the same issue getting the refund!

What I don't understand is why on your particular cruise the BOGO coupon was good the entire cruise and our recent 3 consecutive cruises on Radiance which totaled 51 days, we could only use it on the first night.:(

This is not definitely not consistent among the fleet and is very frustrating as we also get 2 coupons and would love to be able to use them both during a long cruise.

May I ask, was the Manager a short guy with no hair.

Same on the FR!! I think they are desperate for people to eat there...........I remember when you couldnt get in at all during the week,if you didnt book it asap.............now,every one seems to be pretty empty.

What I don't understand is why on your particular cruise the BOGO coupon was good the entire cruise and our recent 3 consecutive cruises on Radiance which totaled 51 days, we could only use it on the first night.:(

This is not definitely not consistent among the fleet and is very frustrating as we also get 2 coupons and would love to be able to use them both during a long cruise.

May I ask, was the Manager a short guy with no hair.

Honestly I have no idea the exact "WHY" behind it being valid all week...we didn't question our good luck. I'm guessing it was pretty empty, they pushed hard, and often, the first few days, "Make your reservations at Chops," and the first time we went (day two or three) it was nearly empty. And after both our visits the server encouraged us to make another reservation...which we didn't. Twice in 12 days was plenty!

Just off the Jewel.

We went to Portofino on the first night, with one coupon. At the end of the evening, the manager told us we could use the other coupon to COME BACK to Portofino, any night during that cruise. I believe the coupon extension was at the discretion of the manager. We were on the second leg of a B2B and used a coupon for Chops for the first leg ( first night) and were not given the same offer on the first leg.

We had pre booked both first night dinners and had no problem getting the refund for the pre-booked dinners when used the coupon.

Neither restaurant was busy on the first night. Next time I will likley not bother to pre book.

M

Archived