Sales tax in San Juan

JFO23

I know the question has been discussed about sales tax charged on drink packages purchased while still in port. I have done a search and read those discussions, but I found no specific reference to San Juan. Does anyone have first hand experience with buying a drink package while still in port in San Juan?

I have OBC to use, would prefer to buy the package when boarding and not wait until out of port, but also do not want to pay tax. Is the tax charged there?

I know the question has been discussed about sales tax charged on drink packages purchased while still in port. I have done a search and read those discussions, but I found no specific reference to San Juan. Does anyone have first hand experience with buying a drink package while still in port in San Juan?

I have OBC to use, would prefer to buy the package when boarding and not wait until out of port, but also do not want to pay tax. Is the tax charged there?

For those big ticket items, they will write it out on a slip of paper and take your seapass info, then ring it up once you are out to sea.

Puerto Rico has a 5.5% sales tax. Municipalities have the option of imposing an additional sales tax of up to 1.5% (effective on November 15, 2006). In addition, in the event that the governor determines an insufficiency in collections for the general fund an additional 1% to the central government will be imposed.

Puerto Rico has a 5.5% sales tax. Municipalities have the option of imposing an additional sales tax of up to 1.5% (effective on November 15, 2006). In addition, in the event that the governor determines an insufficiency in collections for the general fund an additional 1% to the central government will be imposed.

OMG!!!!!!! You have got to be kidding????????? They can charge a tax just cause they wanna????????? What a F'ed U world we live in.

Archived