I just had to tell you

jetsfan

that I submitted documents regarding a past cruise to the Customer Care Departmemt and it was verified! Years ago I sailed on the Mardi GRAS with girlfriends (it took me 2 days to find the album with the photos and boarding pass) and have cruised 8 times with my husband. When we board the Dream in 15 days I will be Platninum.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who said this could be done. I have learned so much from these boards and it has made me love cruising even more.

Merry Christmas to me!

that I submitted documents regarding a past cruise to the Customer Care Departmemt and it was verified! Years ago I sailed on the Mardi GRAS with girlfriends (it took me 2 days to find the album with the photos and boarding pass) and have cruised 8 times with my husband. When we board the Dream in 15 days I will be Platninum.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who said this could be done. I have learned so much from these boards and it has made me love cruising even more.

Merry Christmas to me!

Whoo hoo..great news :) Happy Holidays~!

I have three from back then. I guess I am just a airhead, as I cant even tell you the exact dates, or the name of the ship. But Im sure I did Carnival back in the 80s. short ones. I did to Bimini was the best since you can't go there now.

I can't even come up with enough info to get credit for them. Good you have such a good memory. I think I'm a airhead about stuff like that.

Congrats. I lived in Boca back then (only 30 minutes away), so it was no big deal to go out of Port Everglades. Didn't appreciate it when I had it!!

Happy Holidays Bohemian Doll!

firefly- I am a pack rat when it comes to sentimental things. I knew I saved all my single girl stuff in a huge crate. It took forever to find it! My DH was laughing his a-- off at my old college stuff and boyfriends, but I FOUND it. How lucky you were to be so close to a port!

I know Platninum is not the biggest thing in the world but with the changes they are talking about, I wanted to try and get there. We really do like Carnival, and feel we get a great vacation for the money we spend. Every little thing helps.

Merry Christmas to me!

Its really great to see a positive post and no bashing..I love CC and the info I have learned here, but sometimes the meanies scare us from posting. I am glad for your great memories and pack-rat tendencies. They can pay off! Have a great Christmas.

Good for you! I also sailed on the Mardi Gras, and I KNOW I have photos of us by the life preserver with the ship name SOMEwhere, but I have never been able to find them.

I was really bummed that I couldn't find them to make Platinum earlier....but I was kind of hoping that someday I could get credit to get closer to Milestone. Now it won't make a difference, because I only have 14 Carnival cruises, with only three more booked...so there is no way I will get there before the changes happen. I will have to be happy with Platinum....which I am...and now you'll be too! Congrats!

Congratulations on becoming Platinum!! Enjoy the perks, they're great!!

What are these changes? I don't make it around to the boards very often these days cos I don't have a cruise booked for the immediate future. You can point me to a thread if you don't want to spell it all out here.

Merry Christmas to me!

Our first cruise was on the Carnivale back in 1991, I need to try and get credit for this cruise even though it was only a 4 day. What kind of photos do you require for credit? I know I have a photo at port with the name of the ship and sail date,but sadly we are not part of the picture.

I was joking around with a friend and said I should bring all my sign and sail cards with me. I was just getting ready for a B2B2B, Platinum on the last leg.

Sure enough, had a couple glitches on getting status on last cruise.

I could have just slapped the cards down like dealing a deck of cards...problem solved immediately.

Melanie

I had to send a copy of my drivers license, my marriage certificate (for name change) and I did have the boarding pass. I know pictures may also be sent but not sure if you have to be in them. I would think so, but call the Customer Care department. They were really helpful and the woman said they receive quite a few of these requests everyday.

I am not sure if that is because of the changes (which could be anytime in 2012) are going to be soon or if like me they were told about it on this board and got around to doing it. I would never have guessed you could credit for a cruise over 20 years ago. When I went as a 19 year old not a lot of people cruised then. My mom thought I was absolutely crazy. The popularity of cruising has exploded in the last 10 years.

Carnival suits us well for now as we have 3 kids and they love what the line has to offer. Someday my husband and I would love to try all different kinds of cruiseslines. I would like to go on longer ones and even river cruising. It is just not in the cards with 3 kids who have to finish college.

I will enjoy the laundry and getting up to the pasta bar before the masses is sounding really

good.

I agree there are some nasty people on this board, just a handful though. When I read their posts I just think to myself at least I will probably never meet them in real life and thank God I am not related to them. Most have given so much help it is amazing.

Merry Christmas!

A few years ago when they began to list your cruise history I was surprised they did not have my first two cruises on the Carnivale in 1986 and the Holiday in 1988 listed. I called them and then proceeded to tear my house apart for some sort of evidence. Never did find anything. You will love priority embarkation!

Happened to me also! We went on the Jubilee on our Honeymoon in 1987 and all I had to show for it was one photo that had "proof", the all important embarkation one because it had the date, ship name, etc. I just sent that, and copies of both our drivers license and marriage certificate and within a week it showed up! I was very impressed and very grateful!:)

A few years ago when they began to list your cruise history I was surprised they did not have my first two cruises on the Carnivale in 1986 and the Holiday in 1988 listed. I called them and then proceeded to tear my house apart for some sort of evidence. Never did find anything. You will love priority embarkation!

Most people used Travel Agents back then.....I would ask and see if the TA you used had any old records... just a thought...

Congrats to the OP.

We had to have 8 added (thank goodness for Embarkation pictures) and I got 7 added for brother in law (in 2 days) before he sailed out of New Orleans this year.

He did not even know Carnival had a loyalty program and with those 7, he was past Platinum.....without them...nothing!

I have three from back then. I guess I am just a airhead, as I cant even tell you the exact dates, or the name of the ship. But Im sure I did Carnival back in the 80s. short ones. I did to Bimini was the best since you can't go there now.

I can't even come up with enough info to get credit for them. Good you have such a good memory. I think I'm a airhead about stuff like that.

Congrats. I lived in Boca back then (only 30 minutes away), so it was no big deal to go out of Port Everglades. Didn't appreciate it when I had it!!

I was Director of Nursing at Fair Oaks Hospital of Boca Raton which was really in Delray. Did you know of this psych hospital?

I found a pic of us on the Mardi Gras and they gave me credit for it as well as a pic in the embarkation area with Jubilee banner in the background.

Archived