Am I crazy/Would you?

TheCalicoCat

We are going to Alaska with our 3.5 year old.

We are taking a family excursion while in Skagway & plan to pretty much play it by ear in Ketchikan & Juneau (Mendenhall glacier, but that does not have a set time & the time there can be adjusted if necessary.)

The actual question:

Would you go on an excursion by yourself leaving your spouse with your child (who will have access to the kids club)? I am thinking about taking teh Tracy Arm excursion by myself.

I am doing an excursion by myself next month. I am leaving DH alone on Pinel Island (St. Maartin) with our 2 & 4 year olds while I go on a SUP excursion. I am a SAHM and DH works crazy hours and doesn't get to spend much time with the boys....this will be a babtism by fire, I suppose, for him! Do I feel bad? Nope, I think I deserve a little quite time to myself;)

We did this a couple of times when we went to Tahiti with our then two year old. DH went on a snorkel trip while I stayed on the ship with DS. Then I did a helmet dive while DH stayed with DS.

It worked out great for us. We both recognized that we couldn't take DS along, so we opted to take turns so that we could still do what we wanted to do. It really wasn't a big deal to do it on our own.

Archived