Beach with shade needed

weston gal

We will be in Grand Cayman next month and want to go to the beach. My friend has had several skin cancers and needs shade on the beach, either trees or a place that rents unbrellas. I have looked at Royal Palm and Sea Grape. Which one would be better? What are the charges for a lounge chair? We are seniors and just want a nice beach where we can relax.

We will be in Grand Cayman next month and want to go to the beach. My friend has had several skin cancers and needs shade on the beach, either trees or a place that rents unbrellas. I have looked at Royal Palm and Sea Grape. Which one would be better? What are the charges for a lounge chair? We are seniors and just want a nice beach where we can relax.

You can relax at either, but you'll need to pay for the umbrella, maybe $7 or so extra. The lounge is free (or inc. in the resort visiting price).

You can relax at either, but you'll need to pay for the umbrella, maybe $7 or so extra. The lounge is free (or inc. in the resort visiting price).

Lounges are not free. They're a separate rental, unless you are on a cruise ship excursion or have purchased one of the rare hotel day passes.

Lounges and umbrellas are readily available at both Royal Palms and Sea Grape.

There are trees lining the beach, too...no charge to sit under one! None of 7-mile beach is too deep....beaches are fairly narrow, so you can sit in the treeline and still be close to the water!

Loungers/umbrellas/watersport rentals, etc...are readily available everywhere up and down the beach.

There are trees lining the beach, too...no charge to sit under one! None of 7-mile beach is too deep....beaches are fairly narrow, so you can sit in the treeline and still be close to the water!

Loungers/umbrellas/watersport rentals, etc...are readily available everywhere up and down the beach.

Thanks for the help. Royal Palms responded that there aren't any shade trees on the beach. So I am confused. Do you mean that the trees are just behind the sand and you can set up the lounge chairs just under the shaded area? Does anyone have pictures?

There are trees in a couple of spots along SMB, but not near Royal Palms (or I think Tiki Beach). As far as I can remember, most of the trees are near either Sea Grape/Public Beach or the sections without facilities.

You can see exactly what Royal Palms looks like via their webcams at http://www.reefgrill.net

Have you looked into Rum Point? Lots of shade there and not as crowded as Seven Mile Beach.

Thanks for the help. Royal Palms responded that there aren't any shade trees on the beach. So I am confused. Do you mean that the trees are just behind the sand and you can set up the lounge chairs just under the shaded area? Does anyone have pictures?

Dug thru my pix. Here's a picture but likely doesn't give enough of the landscape to provide enough detail you're looking for...

RoyalPalmsGC.jpg.74fb37fbc795c0c5581ec14c90e4de98.jpg

Archived