Anyone ordered the caviar at Murano?

SusieV

Every time we go to Murano the caviar tempts me. Celebrity used to have a wonderful appetizer with different coloured caviar on top and it was delicious so I have been thinking about ordering this one time.

I know it is quite expensive but I'd like to try it as an experience. Does anyone have photos or can describe the caviar that you receive?

Every time we go to Murano the caviar tempts me. Celebrity used to have a wonderful appetizer with different coloured caviar on top and it was delicious so I have been thinking about ordering this one time.

I know it is quite expensive but I'd like to try it as an experience. Does anyone have photos or can describe the caviar that you receive?

I actually thought about it for about 1/2 of a second. The problem is that they are already charging $40 per person (on top of what you already paid for the cruise) and they now want you to pay even more for caviar. They also want extra for their specialty teas and coffees...which we think is just one more ridiculous upcharge. One cruise line (not X) is now experiementing with upcharges for some dishes in their MDRs. At this rate we soon expect to see upcharges behind nearly every item in the MDR :(

Hank

I actually thought about it for about 1/2 of a second. The problem is that they are already charging $40 per person (on top of what you already paid for the cruise) and they now want you to pay even more for caviar. They also want extra for their specialty teas and coffees...which we think is just one more ridiculous upcharge. One cruise line (not X) is now experiementing with upcharges for some dishes in their MDRs. At this rate we soon expect to see upcharges behind nearly every item in the MDR :(

Hank

How would you propose they offer this item without an upcharge - it probably costs the cruise line a significant amount of money to procure the caviar. :confused:

Even on land it is very common for some of the most expensive restaurants to have a supplement for caviar on tasting menus that already run in the $150 per/person range.

I have no problem paying for something extra. I definitely don't think caviar should be an included part of the meal!

We buy the Premium beverage packages so I don't worry about the upcharges for drinks. And of course if you don't want to pay for the extras, you don't have to have them. There are plenty of included options for everyone.

That being said, has anyone partaken in the caviar? :D

Archived